Succedo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Has anyone just seen thespeech to US Congress punctuated by standing ovations where Benjamin Netanyahu depicted Iran as a NAZIS!?!

Okay, so I have parents from Iran, who left the country back in around 1980 because they were NOT MUSLIMS AND DISAGREED WITH THE REGIME. I need to point this out so yo dont think i'm a crazy pro-muslim who agrees with jihad values and the whole charade.

I like to see myself as impartial, I try reading as much information on this topic as possible so I have a reasonable idea of what is going on from the view of the general public.

HOWEVER, upon visit to Iran, which is a beautiful country with charming people ( as well as the not so that you find in every country. even the supposed all powerful, perfect 'MURICA...) and I saw the tombs of the killed, young nuclear scientists assassinated by the Israelis. It just makes me SO angry. if they killed American nuclear scientists, imagine the outrage, the anger, the national mourning of the men! ( perhaps a little exaggerated but i hope you get my point.)

They treat the people as barbaric which they are not. Why do they not have the right to nuclear power like in the UK and America and pretty much every other country. If you read the news without BRAINWASHED MUSLIM HATE , Iran is not aggressive in using the missiles if they do. AMERICA HAS NUCLEAR MISSILES. RUSSIA HAS NUCLEAR MISSILES. and we all know it, so do Israel. Iranians are not uneducated barbarians contrary to belief.

Also, in his speech, he said that Iranians disbalance the peace in the world... WHAT, LIKE IN ISRAEL? YEEEAAH, THERES NOT CONFLICT THERE IS THERE???

views? I'm open-minded and not too experienced. correct me if im bonkers.

Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They make Iran look bad. Have Iran committed any terrorism so far? Answer: No
Have Israel committed any terrorism so far?
Answer: Yes and loads of it.
Succedo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raymat)
Have Israel committed terrorism so far?
I totally agree. Western perceptions are a little messed up in my personal opinion. Talk about power of the media, eh?
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Succedo)
I totally agree. Western perceptions are a little messed up in my personal opinion. Talk about power of the media, eh?
Muslims are hated by the western world and in this current time this problem is irreversible. The actual fact is Muslims are committing terrorist acts as a result of the atrocities done by the west. The west began this division, not the Muslims but Muslims are blamed for everything because this is a disgusting world that doesn't want to accept facts.
Flashing Comet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone just seen thespeech to US Congress punctuated by standing ovations where Benjamin Netanyahu depicted Iran as a NAZIS!?!

Okay, so I have parents from Iran, who left the country back in around 1980 because they were NOT MUSLIMS AND DISAGREED WITH THE REGIME. I need to point this out so yo dont think i'm a crazy pro-muslim who agrees with jihad values and the whole charade.

I like to see myself as impartial, I try reading as much information on this topic as possible so I have a reasonable idea of what is going on from the view of the general public.

HOWEVER, upon visit to Iran, which is a beautiful country with charming people ( as well as the not so that you find in every country. even the supposed all powerful, perfect 'MURICA...) and I saw the tombs of the killed, young nuclear scientists assassinated by the Israelis. It just makes me SO angry. if they killed American nuclear scientists, imagine the outrage, the anger, the national mourning of the men! ( perhaps a little exaggerated but i hope you get my point.)

They treat the people as barbaric which they are not. Why do they not have the right to nuclear power like in the UK and America and pretty much every other country. If you read the news without BRAINWASHED MUSLIM HATE , Iran is not aggressive in using the missiles if they do. AMERICA HAS NUCLEAR MISSILES. RUSSIA HAS NUCLEAR MISSILES. and we all know it, so do Israel. Iranians are not uneducated barbarians contrary to belief.

Also, in his speech, he said that Iranians disbalance the peace in the world... WHAT, LIKE IN ISRAEL? YEEEAAH, THERES NOT CONFLICT THERE IS THERE???

Your parents fled from Iran and sought asylum here? hmmmm. I cannot take your conviction seriously, you should be eternally grateful you live in the west instead of that hellhole. How many homosexuals did they hang last year by the way?
Flashing Comet
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How many homosexuals did they hang last year?
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Errrr. You may want to do some
More research on that.
Flashing Comet
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Muslims are hated by the western world and in this current time this problem is irreversible. The actual fact is Muslims are committing terrorist acts as a result of the atrocities done by the west. The west began this division, not the Muslims but Muslims are blamed for everything because this is a disgusting world that doesn't want to accept facts.
Why not support your Muslim brethern and move from the West back to where your ancestors are from?
Vicor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you are mad about the fact Jews are hurting Muslims, but you think Muslims shouldn't be blamed because they attack random people in Europe and America who have nothing to do with the Israel situation?
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vicor)
So you are mad about the fact Jews are hurting Muslims, but you think Muslims shouldn't be blamed because they attack random people in Europe and America who have nothing to do with the Israel situation?
I don't justify the action of those radicalised Muslims. The West started this division. You don't agree. Stay deluded.
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Flashing Comet)
Why not support your Muslim brethern and move from the West back to where your ancestors are from?
I wouldn't support the atrocities done by the radicalised Muslims. I don't justify their actions. The West started this division. You don't agree. Stay deluded.
Vicor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't justify the action of those radicalised Muslims. The West started this division. You don't agree. Stay deluded.
No I agree with you, I just don't care. The West has interests in keeping Israel around. Of course they would care more about American deaths compared to some Iranian nobodies. If you can't see that you're the deluded one
AdvanceAndVanquish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Your outrage is misplaced, and you fail to appreciate what is at stake. Iran is not a free country, and it is not on the side of regional freedom. Iran is a totalitarian theocracy which is the leader of a Shiite power bloc in the middle east, which also includes some marginalised Sunni factions such as Hamas. The Iranian government is pursuing nuclear weapons in order to cement its hold over the country, and its place at the head of this regional bloc. The Shiite regional bloc, meanwhile, is the client of a Russia which is swinging full-on back into authoritarianism and flexing its imperialistic muscles again under Putin.

This war is already ongoing, and not just in Iraq and Syria, where Iranian forces are on the ground. As leader and secondary supplier of their bloc, much of the weaponry possessed by Hamas for their wars against Israel and Egypt, and Hezbollah and Assad for their wars against Israel and various Sunnis, comes from Iran, although a lot of it, including Iranian weaponry, is ultimately traceable to Russia.
Sunni powers as diverse as Egypt, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia are as or even more concerned than Israel about the prospect of Iranian nuclear weapons. Remember, this is not about nuclear power generation. If that was all, it would have been solved a long time ago. This is about Iran trying to develop nuclear weapons capability in furtherance of regional dominance over the Sunnis, the security of its own totalitarian government, and, of course, its war with Israel.
The Clockwork Apple
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"Iran Hostage Crisis" in 1979, financing terrorist groups such as Hamas or Hezbollah, 1998 US embassy bombings...
No terrorism? Wow! I'm guessing terrorism for you might mean not hanging homosexuals in the street?
jakeel1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't believe how hostile people are to his speech. He was absolutely spot on, Iran is an autocratic barbaric state WHO SHOULD NEVER, NEVER BE ALLOWED NUCLEAR WEAPONS.
Succedo
Rep:
?
(Original post by jakeel1)
I can't believe how hostile people are to his speech. He was absolutely spot on, Iran is an autocratic barbaric state WHO SHOULD NEVER, NEVER BE ALLOWED NUCLEAR WEAPONS.
I agree in a way despite what I have said. My point is the way how he portrays Israel as innocent and "peaceful" which is it clearly not. I've been to both countries and trust me, there is WAY more tension on the streets of Israel than Iran. America is still seeing Israelis as poor little Jews. Don't get me wrong, history has done some terrible, unforgiving things to Jews. But does that mean we should turn a blind eye to THEIR barbaric actions?
AdvanceAndVanquish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree in a way despite what I have said. My point is the way how he portrays Israel as innocent and "peaceful" which is it clearly not. I've been to both countries and trust me, there is WAY more tension on the streets of Israel than Iran. America is still seeing Israelis as poor little Jews. Don't get me wrong, history has done some terrible, unforgiving things to Jews. But does that mean we should turn a blind eye to THEIR barbaric actions?
'Peacefulness' has very little to do with 'tension on the streets.' Israel is dealing with a conflict that is taking place right here, where we live, and dealing with it with temperance and restraint. Iran is fomenting war across the middle east, including contributing to the 'tension' in Israel by arming Arab terrorist groups, but it is not dealing with these sorts of conflicts at home. This is also because their internal dissdents are not allowed to wander free as israel's are, protesting, doing what they like, but are dealt with quickly and brutally, leading to less regular disturbance and anti-government activity, except in spurts, such as during the protests and serious crackdown that happened not too long ago. There is very little from Israel that you could point to as 'barbaric,' and even less when you view it with any sort of context.
TheTechN1304
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Iran is just as backward as any other Middle eastern country out there. They hang people for being gay, and you think they haven't committed terrorism? Israel's so called 'terror' was in the name of self defense. Were it not for Hamas being absolute swines, no 'terrorist acts' (if that's even what you should call them) would've been carried out.
Succedo
Rep:
?
Backwards? There are still people in America who strictly believe against homosexuality and only in recent years as the LGBT community achieved the acceptance it deserves (love is love, no matter what gender/orientation and it should not be denied) by the west. Alan Turing only recently got a pardon!

Iran, beside the despicable 1979 incident and the hostages, who have they killed not within their own country? How many Jews have they murdered. NON! Stop mixing Iran up with Talibans. If you haven't noticed, there is no fighting going on in Iran. Yes, their regime is backward but so is your brainwashed opinion. Israel's TERROR is also on its own people - have you not understood the fighting between Palestini's and Jews? Are you so misinformed that you don't know that their are many Jewish communities in Iran - that are not even TOUCHED by the regime?

Also, why is the gay hanging keep coming into this argument? I also agree that it is despicable but the issue I am addressing HERE is how America is cradling Israel in their arms because of holocaust pity and how its their fault for shoving Jews back into a land that belonged to other people!

When will we stop seeing different groups as a whole and start seeing people as individuals. All you Muslim haters, Malala is a muslim and as she would say, The image of Islam portrayed by the West is not true Islam. It is poisoned.

The way you talk of Iran is as if the rest of the world is perfect. Please, please just do some research and see that iran has made no threats, there are bigger problems. I believe Israel have their own nuclear missiles. It's all MAD - and mutually assured destruction all over again.
Flashing Comet
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Backwards? There are still people in America who strictly believe against homosexuality and only in recent years as the LGBT community achieved the acceptance it deserves (love is love, no matter what gender/orientation and it should not be denied) by the west. Alan Turing only recently got a pardon!

Iran, beside the despicable 1979 incident and the hostages, who have they killed not within their own country? How many Jews have they murdered. NON! Stop mixing Iran up with Talibans. If you haven't noticed, there is no fighting going on in Iran. Yes, their regime is backward but so is your brainwashed opinion. Israel's TERROR is also on its own people - have you not understood the fighting between Palestini's and Jews? Are you so misinformed that you don't know that their are many Jewish communities in Iran - that are not even TOUCHED by the regime?

Also, why is the gay hanging keep coming into this argument? I also agree that it is despicable but the issue I am addressing HERE is how America is cradling Israel in their arms because of holocaust pity and how its their fault for shoving Jews back into a land that belonged to other people!

When will we stop seeing different groups as a whole and start seeing people as individuals. All you Muslim haters, Malala is a muslim and as she would say, The image of Islam portrayed by the West is not true Islam. It is poisoned.

The way you talk of Iran is as if the rest of the world is perfect. Please, please just do some research and see that iran has made no threats, there are bigger problems. I believe Israel have their own nuclear missiles. It's all MAD - and mutually assured destruction all over again.
How many people have been executed by the American government for homosexuality?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads