Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    :rolleyes: Why did I know someone was going to say that.

I'm afraid I'm a lot poorer now than I was then (odd considering that was 1 year into life as a student and now I'm 3 years into working life).
    Sorry! Had to be said!! :rolleyes: How pathetic!! I'm a lot poorer now I'm not a student too. That can't be right! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    In an act of pure selflessness, I have so far restrained myself from throttling Morrissey. I am led to believe that this is a good deed, but I'm not so sure.

ReputationRep:
    i can't think of anything really major i've done recently- but all my friends know what a worrier i am about them. i would literally drop everything to help a friend, tonight one of my mates is coming round, he annoys me sometimes and i really need to do some work, but he can't stand his step-mum and he's staying with her at the mo and wants to get out of the house so i couldn't not invite him.

ooooh i got a good one- i sorted out my ex-bfs folder for him, it was a mess and he was all stressed and narky and is just really bad at organising stuff (wheras i'm a neatfreak when it comes to my notes). i sorted out my mates maths folder as well (cos mine was perfect)

but i can't think of the last time i did something for a stranger, but i do little things like last week i was in a shop and saw a baby drop his dummy + his mum didn't notice so i gave it to her. just little things like that (althugh most of the time i probably am quite selfish)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when you feel like doing something nice but the situation prevents it. E.g. - When I was at uni there were always beggars and homeless people on the streets around town and I always felt bad because I didn't have much that I could give them. One day I went into McD's and got a free cheeseburger with my nus card (as you do) and I thought, I'll take this out and give it to one of the homeless people. When I went back out I couldn't find 1 homeless person! It really wound me up because I wanted to be nice and giving but had no-one to give it to!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I hate it when you feel like doing something nice but the situation prevents it. E.g. - When I was at uni there were always beggars and homeless people on the streets around town and I always felt bad because I didn't have much that I could give them. One day I went into McD's and got a free cheeseburger with my nus card (as you do) and I thought, I'll take this out and give it to one of the homeless people. When I went back out I couldn't find 1 homeless person! It really wound me up because I wanted to be nice and giving but had no-one to give it to!!

Oh well at least you tried! Did you eat it anyway to make yourself feel better? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissit)
    Oh well at least you tried! Did you eat it anyway to make yourself feel better? lol
    :eek: NO!!!

um actually, yeah I did. I felt a lot better.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kissit)
    All cool stuff, my latest were 7 am this morning....pushing some guys car with him after it had broken down near a busy roundabout. Cant believe everyone just went round him!
    and B&Q on sunday, helped an elderly man carry his goods as his wife was struggling.

Just little things but they make me feel good.
    OOooh someone did that for me when I broke down on a roundabout (all meanings of the phrase broke down - it was a friday evening and my car had that day come back from getting the head gasket fixed from breaking down the friday before...I was hot and bothered and fed up and just started crying down the phone to the AA lady...got me very quick service). It made things slightly less unbearable.

Bloody cars...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    :eek: NO!!!

um actually, yeah I did. I felt a lot better.

lol! Comfort food at its best!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.