The Student Room Group

what are the main things u wish u could ask an american

i can answer misunderstandings Lolz :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Why the **** anyone eats biscuits and gravy? They are simply the most disgusting thing I've every had, I have seen more appetizing vomit. My second question would be whether they would be willing to ship me a vast quantity of that delightful trader joe's maple syrup flavored cereal :colone:
Reply 2
haaha well acually i hate biscuits n gravy as well never understood it lolz! and i have never tried that cereal before have been here to the us before?:smile:
Reply 3
Are the school dinners really as bad they are portrayed? (mash potato from a can,etc)
Reply 4
no actually that sounds revolting lolz hahaha also we do not have school dinners the cafeteria's usually serve real food unless ur in high school and under everything looks processed lolz.
Reply 5
i would like to ask - what do americans think of english people ?
Reply 6
Honestly, some think that English ppl are actually really interesting i guess it determines on the person, others like to imitate the accent though and try to hold conversations with the accent among friends lolz, personally I prefer my husband to be British than American LoLz:smile:
Reply 7
What's it like to live in a country that promotes equality and freedom, having abolished all forms of racism?
Why American's call ground floor first floor when ground floor is on the ground?

PLUS! Is the high school really hierarchical and bad as portrayed in literature (with popular jocks and cheerleaders and whatnot)?
Reply 9
Living here actually is nice and all with equality and stuff but some people still make racist comments jokingly. But others actually mean it to hurt people ex:some southerners.

Um actually i have no idea that is so true the ground floor is the ground floor! Lolz and yes it is as bad if your kind of like an outcast i guess. But me i cant really see that because i am on Varsity dance team and play volleyball and football so yeah but for others it is a bad experience. but i make friends when others dont want to be their friend... ya know :smile:
Original post by HanzTheOnly
Why American's call ground floor first floor when ground floor is on the ground?

It's also the first floor of a building....:confused:

Do you call a basement the "in-the-ground floor"?
Reply 11
no, why does english ppl do that???
"How large is your gun cabinet?"
Because all Americans are obsessed with guns obv

Also "have you tried British McDonald's?" I've tried the American one and it's sooo much better. Plus their stake is just :coma:

PLUS! Is the high school really hierarchical and bad as portrayed in literature (with popular jocks and cheerleaders and whatnot)?

Definitely not. Maybe in some public(state)schools but things are extremely over exaggerated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you like anal?
Original post by Sabertooth
It's also the first floor of a building....:confused:

Do you call a basement the "in-the-ground floor"?

Okay yes it's the first floor of the building but it's on the ground so you call it a ground floor.

And no, it's called a basement, and sometimes cellar...
Okay yes it's the first floor of the building but it's on the ground so you call it a ground floor.

And no, it's called a basement, and sometimes cellar...

That would be fine if you then called the next floor up the 2nd but apparently it's the 1st. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That would be fine if you then called the next floor up the 2nd but apparently it's the 1st. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's because it is above and after the ground so obviously it will be called the first floor. :K:
That's because it is above and after the ground so obviously it will be called the first floor. :K:

"Okay yes it's the first floor of the building"
"Okay yes it's the first floor of the building"

How can it be second if it's the first?:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending