Do you believe that technology can cause confidence & appearance issues

Watch
vonvon00
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just want peoples general opinion on how people can b effected by the rise of technology. This is help me with my EPQ project and give me and bacis insight to my chosen topic of how cyberpsychology can effect gender,identity and body image disorders in psychology
xylas
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by vonvon00)
Just want peoples general opinion on how people can b effected by the rise of technology. This is help me with my EPQ project and give me and bacis insight to my chosen topic of how cyberpsychology can effect gender,identity and body image disorders in psychology
Facebook can be like a second life. People act differently on the internet. Therefore, you could say that technology brings a different side out of us. Not sure about gender, but this is probably more of a sociological aspect.
vonvon00
Rep:
?
(Original post by xylas)
Facebook can be like a second life. People act differently on the internet. Therefore, you could say that technology brings a different side out of us. Not sure about gender, but this is probably more of a sociological aspect.
i deffo agree with how influential facebook can be to changing people persona. Thank you for the response really appreciate it x
elmosandy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry but it EPQ good or what? Is there homework for it or what?
xylas
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i deffo agree with how influential facebook can be to changing people persona. Thank you for the response really appreciate it x
No problem
Shadez
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Catfishing. People's lives have been affected over this i.e. boyfriends leaving/ thinking about leaving girlfriends for their new 'love' when in fact it turns out to be someone of a different gender. They spend several weeks maybe even months talking to this person and to find out at the end it was a completely different person. This definitely will have some major impacts on their psychology.

Pranks. I think this, if you like 'prank culture' (lulz the things I come up with), has gotten ridiculous. People are doing incredibly stupid things such as:cutting people's top knots off, selling guns in the 'hood' and all other sorts of pranks that are incredibly offensive and sometimes racist in order for views.
vonvon00
Rep:
?
(Original post by elmosandy)
Sorry but it EPQ good or what? Is there homework for it or what?
Its a really good way of gaining an extra course and ucas points, require minimal work if you get work done week by week.
vonvon00
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shadez)
Catfishing. People's lives have been affected over this i.e. boyfriends leaving/ thinking about leaving girlfriends for their new 'love' when in fact it turns out to be someone of a different gender. They spend several weeks maybe even months talking to this person and to find out at the end it was a completely different person. This definitely will have some major impacts on their psychology.

Pranks. I think this, if you like 'prank culture' (lulz the things I come up with), has gotten ridiculous. People are doing incredibly stupid things such as:cutting people's top knots off, selling guns in the 'hood' and all other sorts of pranks that are incredibly offensive and sometimes racist in order for views.
Thank you for your in depth reply and i never thought about how the internet has help the rise in catfish cases. thank you so much
Shadez
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you for your in depth reply and i never thought about how the internet has help the rise in catfish cases. thank you so much
:thumbsup:
elmosandy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its a really good way of gaining an extra course and ucas points, require minimal work if you get work done week by week.
How is the course structured? If that makes sense
vonvon00
Rep:
?
(Original post by elmosandy)
How is the course structured? If that makes sense
you choose an inital idea or topic you wont to investigate that interests you and expands your knowledge if you already study it. e.g i study psychology so i already have an advantage and big insight to it although i choose my topic on an aspect that i havent studied before. you basically have to do research and plan what your goin to do and gain as much information as possible (this is why im creating forums to gain feeback and develop my planning and reasearch marks) you then have to do a presentation of your journey on your topic and present to your class, you also get marks for developing your topics and ideas and evaulating stengths and weaknesses o imporve. lastly you have to either do a 5,000 word disitation or and artifact , which is a poster a video or something along them lines. its a short course that can be intense but i have 3weeks to get all mine done and it do able highly recommend it as it is worth the same as an AS level which can help for ucas points in uni A=70 B=60 C=50 D=40 E=30
username1553267
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The whole selfie thing and getting likes on facebook and instagram can be a confidence booster. Also how many friends or followers on twitter and such can make people feel better or seem more popular.

I guess theres also haters and anonymous messages that hide their identity and might make them feel better about themselves while hurting others self esteem. Some people also adopt like a second identity online and might act differently or be more outspoken or more likely to share their interests or secrets (prob mostly shy people).

Posted from TSR Mobile
elmosandy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you choose an inital idea or topic you wont to investigate that interests you and expands your knowledge if you already study it. e.g i study psychology so i already have an advantage and big insight to it although i choose my topic on an aspect that i havent studied before. you basically have to do research and plan what your goin to do and gain as much information as possible (this is why im creating forums to gain feeback and develop my planning and reasearch marks) you then have to do a presentation of your journey on your topic and present to your class, you also get marks for developing your topics and ideas and evaulating stengths and weaknesses o imporve. lastly you have to either do a 5,000 word disitation or and artifact , which is a poster a video or something along them lines. its a short course that can be intense but i have 3weeks to get all mine done and it do able highly recommend it as it is worth the same as an AS level which can help for ucas points in uni A=70 B=60 C=50 D=40 E=30
when did you start ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads