The Student Room Group

How difficult is it to find a relationship at my age?

Or out of the teenage years
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
First of all, you're still in your twenties. Secondly, there's no age limit for getting married. Third thing, a lot of men are getting married in their 30s. Taking all of that into account, your age isn't a relevant factor in finding a potential long term partner. When men reach their 30s, they're often looking to settle for one long term partner with a view to getting married, so the timing here is convenient. Of course this does not apply to everyone.

However, as you've mentioned finding difficulty in securing long term relationships in the past, this may suggest (possibly) that it's difficult for you to form and maintain meaningful, lasting, romantic adult relationships. There's a chance that this pattern may continue and persist, it's up to you to take the right steps to seek out potential suitors. I'm not sure if this is the case. Regardless, be assured that it's not too late to find someone to settle down with, you're not even 30 yet :smile: you're not one of the "older women", not by any stretch. And even if you were, it still wouldn't be a key issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Redfrost
At 29, is it going to be difficult for me to find someone (a man) to date and potentially marry, I just feel doomed. I've never had a proper boyfriend or serious relationship and worry that all the men who are marriage material have been taken and that there are just the players left : /. Nothing wrong with players if that's what you like but my goal is to find a serious relationship for the long term. I heard that it's harder for older women to find relationships because the older men go for younger women.

Im im just kind of scared about it all.
No of course it isn't! People start successful long term relationships at all ages. You hear of people in their 60's remarrying and living together happily for years. Don't worry if you put a bit of effort into meeting new people and broadening your interests inc hobbies I'm sure you'll find someone in time :smile:
The word "relationship" should be the last thing on any single person's mind
I wouldn't worry about it too much, my sister found her husband when she was 33. Just go on lots of dates and be open to guys who you would normally put in the friend-zone.
Hmm. That's a difficult one.
Reply 6
At 29, is it going to be difficult for me to find someone (a man) to date and potentially marry, I just feel doomed. I've never had a proper boyfriend or serious relationship and worry that all the men who are marriage material have been taken and that there are just the players left : /. Nothing wrong with players if that's what you like but my goal is to find a serious relationship for the long term. I heard that it's harder for older women to find relationships because the older men go for younger women.

Im im just kind of scared about it all.

This what you get for probably going for hot rather than nice guys when you were younger, it's also when nature corrects the advantage you had when younger.

Just put yourself out there and don't sleep around too much.
Reply 7
You're doomed.

You should be married with 5 children by now. You may as well just accept that you will be the sad old spinster at weddings, crying into your wine with Alfred, the love of your life (a cat), leashed to you.
Reply 8
Original post by Rakas21
This what you get for probably going for hot rather than nice guys when you were younger, it's also when nature corrects the advantage you had when younger.

Just put yourself out there and don't sleep around too much.

I didn't get any guys I've not had relationships, I tried chatting to a few guys but still got ignored. I was the quiet tomboy into sports who was ignored because guys went for the made up fashionable girls. What has nature corrected exactly?
Reply 9
I didn't get any guys I've not had relationships, I tried chatting to a few guys but still got ignored. I was the quiet tomboy into sports who was ignored because guys went for the made up fashionable girls. What has nature corrected exactly?

Ah, you missed your prime then. You should have been the feminine sports woman (plenty out there).

I mean that young women have a massive advantage over most young men in terms of desirability. This switches in the 30's when men become wealthy and women lose their beauty. There's a saying that applies to attraction.. 'men age like wine, women age like milk'.
Original post by Rakas21
Ah, you missed your prime then. You should have been the feminine sports woman (plenty out there).

I mean that young women have a massive advantage over most young men in terms of desirability. This switches in the 30's when men become wealthy and women lose their beauty. There's a saying that applies to attraction.. 'men age like wine, women age like milk'.

:rofl: Is this what embittered male students actually tell themselves to make themselves feel better?

Gracious... :lol:

OP don't listen to that complete ****ing idiot, he's probably some scrawny 16 year old nerd who's only 'girl friend' is his P.E sock.

I'm 25 and in a similar situation except I've had previous relationships and I'm now single. All I can say is that it's better to be alone than with the wrong man. Don't settle! Don't get into a relationship with someone just because you want a relationship. Find the right guy. I'd suggest joining local groups that do activities that you're interested in - it could be anything, jogging, art, cake tasting, coffee club etc etc. Just find something you enjoy and make friends. It's always best to have common interests and to be friends first. Get out there, make friends, say 'yes' to new adventures and be positive. Personally, I think it's better to be your age and looking for Mr Right than to have slept with dozens of losers and had a ton of disastrous relationships.

Good luck and don't listen to little teenage idiots on here who haven't got a clue!! Might be better to find another forum to join, I think we're too mature for this site.
Original post by Meyrin
:rofl: Is this what embittered male students actually tell themselves to make themselves feel better?

Gracious... :lol:

Why demean the debate with such a statement (granted not as bad as the post below).

Instead, tell me why i'm wrong. Do you disagree that young men are frankly more desperate than young women? Do you disagree that employed men with reasonable incomes find it easy to get women? This is essentially my point.
Reply 13
Original post by Rakas21

MY prime wasn't then I had anxiety for years and just had no confidence I was geeky, kind of like some young guys are. I didn't have a clue what I wanted in life, I suppose I can work on becomming wealthy and keeping my body fit (most older women age like milk as they let themselves go) whilst improving confidence. Surely wealth, a fit toned body and confidence are attractive traits alongside beauty. I still do sports and am more feminine now.

Quick Reply

Latest