The Student Room Group

Home Office Letter.

I have indefinite leave to remain in my US Passport however because my passport has expired. So they require a Home Office Letter. I have already been at Uni for 6 months and and everything I send to Student Finance they ask for something new. Home Office refused to send me a Letter because they said that my Green visa (Indefinite) leave to remain should be enough and they dont know why SF are asking me for this information. Would it be easier to apply for a new passport or push the issue fore a home office letter? Any advice would be great :biggrin:
Hi there,
I would really need to check your account to give you advice on this.
Please call us on 0300 100 0607 and an adviser will be able to look into this.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there,
I would really need to check your account to give you advice on this.
Please call us on 0300 100 0607 and an adviser will be able to look into this.

Thanks.

Just called and SF has requested from Home Office they said it could take up to 2-3 weeks! Hopefully this sorts it.
Hi
I have been asked to show original documents to show I have been in the country from 09.13 till 07.16. I have been in the UK since 2004 and have had visas from then till now but hold an indefinite leave to remain now. After 2011 I renewed my visa and was sent a biometric card instead of the visa been stamped in my passport and ever since I have been receiving my visas on biometric. When you apply for a renewal visa Home office does not return the old one, therefore I only have photocopies of these. I called student finance and explained to them but they insist if I do not get the original documents or letter from Home office I will not be eligible for funding. I then called Home office and the woman I spoke to laughed at me and said Home office do not provide such letters and that we have to prove that we are in the country not the other was round.
Can someone help me please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending