When are you going to start revising for AS exams? Any tips for time managing? Watch

rebeccar16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Here are the dates for my exams:

11th May - Psychology
13th May - History
15th May - Literature
18th May - Psychology
20th May - History

1st June - Politics
4th June - Politics

I'm going to start revising either this weekend or next Monday because I have coursework to finish first. Do you think two hours per week day and about 4 hours on weekends will be enough for now? (i spend most weekends doing nothing). Then start hardcore revision in the Easter holidays? When did/are you going to start revising and how much time do you spend?

Shall i spend the same amount of time on each subject from now? I don't know what to do about Government and Politics because those exams start about three weeks after the others? Also, I have to drop Government and Politics for A2 because my teacher is retiring and there isn't going to be a replacement...

I'm not very good at time managing etc, do you think I should focus more on History, English, Psychology or focus just as much for Politics?? When I leave college I want to study History or possibly Nursing, big difference I know! The highest I'm aiming for in AS is B's.

Also, any revision tips for Literature? I'm relying on my coursework to help me get a B!

What type of revision techniques do you think are the most effective? And when do you think is the best time to start? I was going to start in February but I stopped myself because I knew I would forget things quicker.

Thanks in advance!!!
zeena_mistry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, for Government and Politics id say start doing revision as soon as possible because then you can keep on track with up to date examples which you can then use in the exam - and iv found that really useful especially when doing essay re writes because it makes your answer stronger ☺
ani666
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You know what I think im doing the exact same subjects as you... for history are you doing the Tudors and triumph of Elizabeth. also are you just going to start revising like, right now or have you done some previously?
rebeccar16
Rep:
?
(Original post by ani666)
You know what I think im doing the exact same subjects as you... for history are you doing the Tudors and triumph of Elizabeth. also are you just going to start revising like, right now or have you done some previously?
That's weird haha! And no, for history i'm doing Women's Suffrage and America 1945-1990. I've revised lightly for the past two weeks but I am starting to revise much more this week, what about you? and how do you revise for History?
rebeccar16
Rep:
?
(Original post by zeena_mistry)
Hi, for Government and Politics id say start doing revision as soon as possible because then you can keep on track with up to date examples which you can then use in the exam - and iv found that really useful especially when doing essay re writes because it makes your answer stronger ☺
Thanks, good idea! For Unit 1 I am just going to revise 3 of the topics instead of the whole lot. Unit 2 is quite tricky.
ani666
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rebeccar16)
That's weird haha! And no, for history i'm doing Women's Suffrage and America 1945-1990. I've revised lightly for the past two weeks but I am starting to revise much more this week, what about you? and how do you revise for History?
pffffffffft history! there's soo many dates so I just try to make a sort of graph with the date, who was involved, what happened ect and try to make it as simple as possible but I hardly revise and its eng lit which im literally dying on, the Victorian ages and such dyou have any advice for that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?