Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone know where to get cheap dvds online (preferably with free p+p), apart from the usual cdwow.com, play.com and amazon

rep for any useful suggestions

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    anyone know where to get cheap dvds online (preferably with free p+p), apart from the usual cdwow.com, play.com and amazon

lou xxx
    good old ebay, you can get some great deals on there. I just bought a palm top from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    good old ebay, you can get some great deals on there. I just bought a palm top from there
    just looked there- no cheaper than cdwow by the time you add p+p (about £2 usually)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    have a look at www.dvd.co.uk
    i'm not sure if they're well cheap but theyve got some amazing deal on simpsons,futurama,family guy box sets. i got simpsons series 3 family guy 1,2,3 for dirt cheap
    and free P+P

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sendit.com/ which used to be www.blackstar.co.uk
    Free p+p

ReputationRep:
    cheers everyone- turns out cdwow was the cheapest for what i was looking for.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    is there a Fopp near to where you live? in my experience they're the cheapest high street store around - but i'm not sure if they do sales online...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    cheers everyone- turns out cdwow was the cheapest for what i was looking for.

lou xxx
    Watch out for cdwow - they're having to pay exise duty on some of their dvd imports now and so you recieve a bit bill from the post office for 17.5% of the price + about a fiver admin fee....

Unless they've sorted out this problem since I heard about it about 2 months ago...

Have looked into this and it looks like it should only be an issue on certain dvds over £18...less than £18 and you're safe - and even some £18+ dvds might be ok (it depends where cdwow has bought them from - EU or elsewhere).
    http://www3.cd-wow.com/tac.php

ReputationRep:
    play.com

but i always try ebay first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Watch out for cdwow - they're having to pay exise duty on some of their dvd imports now and so you recieve a bit bill from the post office for 17.5% of the price + about a fiver admin fee....

Unless they've sorted out this problem since I heard about it about 2 months ago...
    There was something about having to pay for postage for a bit, but I got an email from them a while ago saying that they were back to free international shipping.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ++Hex++)
    There was something about having to pay for postage for a bit, but I got an email from them a while ago saying that they were back to free international shipping.
    See my updated post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    See my updated post
    Heheh, instant research. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    what dvd you buying lou p lou?

ReputationRep:
    Got to be - http://www.play.com

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.