The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by Reo18
Hi I applied to Manchester, Hull, York, Nottingham and Southampton in December and I have so far only heard back from Manchester Uni and have an interview there on Feb 29th.

Has anyone else heard anything back from any of the others?

I received a letter in the post this saturday just gone to say I have a interview for southampton for childrens nursing on the 28th :smile:
Reply 801
Has anyone had interview for adult nursing at the uni of manchester?? PLEASE HELP.. x
Hi,
Please I have an interview for children's nursing coming up next week at LSBU. Please can anyone who's had an interview at LSBU tell me what to expect? I'm really really nervous and would appreciate some help .....Thanks
Reply 803
Hi, I have an interview on Friday for adult nursing at Northumbria! totally struggling with current issues etc. can anyone help me??
Reply 804
Original post by MoonFlower
Yeh i've firmed leeds! It was a conditional offer until they okayed my second reference but that all went through fine :smile:. I'm 22 and this will be my second degree, finally realised that nursing is what i really want to do! Just so glad they've given me a chance.

Ah i just checked my Ucas and i have a conditional offer! Yay so happy. It does say on condition that they think my second reference is satisfactory... Does this mean that they could change their mind on my offer if they dont like the référence? Or do they only look at the second référence if i choose Leeds as either my first choice or insurance once I have had all my other offers/rejections through?
Reply 805
Anyone heard back from Cardiff after interviews in Jan? I know they're not supposed to be getting back to us until March but I was just wondering if they're rejected anyone yet? x
Reply 806
Original post by Katehe
Hi all, new here, eep! :smile:

I'm applying for mental health nursing and applied for both the graduate entry and undergraduate course at Nottingham - I have an English degree so wasn't sure if it's relevant enough to get onto the graduate course or if I'd have to do the full three years. My application was only received on 20th December but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Other universities I've applied to are Leeds, Manchester and UCLAN.

Other than acknowledging my application the only response so far I've had is an invitation to the selection day on 16th March at Leeds (although despite receiving the letter my UCAS hasn't changed which is scaring me and making me think it's been some terrible mix up, haha). That's where I really, really want to go so any information/advice about what it entails would be great! I'm also surprised they're asking for two other references that can't be from the same institution as my UCAS referee - I probably would have been stuck if I was applying when I was eighteen! If anyone's applied there; who did you put down? Also, does anyone have any idea what the medical screening involves?

Sorry about all the questions, and good luck everyone! :smile:

Hi Kate, you are in a similar position to me - I applied on 20th December for mental health nursing and am also waiting to hear back from Nottingham (Graduate entry) and Manchester! I also applied to Leeds for their Masters course but they sent me a letter saying they have had to cancel it which was very disappointing. Well, let me know if you hear anything back from Notts/Mancs and I'll do the same. Good luck! :smile: xx
Reply 807
I have an interview at Hull University on Friday 16th March :smile:
Original post by parkes123

Original post by parkes123
Ah i just checked my Ucas and i have a conditional offer! Yay so happy. It does say on condition that they think my second reference is satisfactory... Does this mean that they could change their mind on my offer if they dont like the référence? Or do they only look at the second référence if i choose Leeds as either my first choice or insurance once I have had all my other offers/rejections through?

Congratulations! :biggrin:. Yeh thats how my offer was. They'll write off to your second referee and if it is 'satisfactory' to them they will keep their offer open to you and if they dont like it they will decline you. They'll do this regardless, before you make any choices, its a little like a second stage of the interview.
Original post by Kathryn_R

Original post by Kathryn_R
Hi Kate, you are in a similar position to me - I applied on 20th December for mental health nursing and am also waiting to hear back from Nottingham (Graduate entry) and Manchester! I also applied to Leeds for their Masters course but they sent me a letter saying they have had to cancel it which was very disappointing. Well, let me know if you hear anything back from Notts/Mancs and I'll do the same. Good luck! :smile: xx

Heya, was it the Master course for Adult nursing at Leeds? I applied for that and couldnt get in Sep 11' because they cut the places and i didnt have my degree results then, and then applied for the Sep 12' intake but got a letter saying they've droped it :frown:. Was so upset but luckily ive got on the degree to start this Sep.
Had my visit day for the Masters of Nursing Science at Nottingham today, probably the friendliest uni visit I've ever been on, none of the usual competitiveness between us all as well so everyone got on, really hope I get in now :smile:
Reply 811
Original post by Sadia.Z

Original post by Sadia.Z
Heyy.. Don't worry they will get back to you its just that they have too much applicants.. I've had my replies back from Manchester, Salford and Uclan. Had my interview at manchester yesterday.. :smile:..
Have the Universities emailed/sent a letter to you about recieving your applicatiin form??

how was the interview at manchester?? i need your help,, i got one next week on thursday.. what did they ask you and what did you answer?? thanks xx
Reply 812
Original post by BeccaAnne94
Had my visit day for the Masters of Nursing Science at Nottingham today, probably the friendliest uni visit I've ever been on, none of the usual competitiveness between us all as well so everyone got on, really hope I get in now :smile:

Hey, I've got my visit day there for the 4th April, what's the day like? Is there anything specific I should brush up on?
Thanks
Original post by ali93
Hey, I've got my visit day there for the 4th April, what's the day like? Is there anything specific I should brush up on?
Thanks

The day is mostly about getting information about the course and the uni itself. The group discussion is great because you get to speak to both lecturers and students about absolutely anything and all your questions are answered :smile:. For the statement at the end of the day just make some notes of important things you want to say so that you write it out clearly, and we're only expected to write just less than a page so try to keep it concise.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 814
Original post by TigerRose93
Has anyone heard back from Birmingham City? I've heard nothing apart from their acknowledgement and I sent my UCAS off at the very end of November.

Have you still not heard from Birmingham City?
Reply 815
Hello
I have an interview for Bucks uni next 2 weeks, I was wondering has anyone been to one for the post grad dip in adult nursing. Could someone help me with what sort of questions they asked and what is essay title for the English test ?
Thank you
Reply 816
Hello,

I had an interview at Northumbria on 13th Feb to study adult nursing. So I thought I would give some advice to those who need or want it. The university made me feel really welcome and it was a really relaxed environment. After a brief talk about the course and the university we were asked to watch a 2 minute video and then compete a 10 minute written test based on what we watched. The video was about a woman who had a bad experience whilst in hospital and we had to say what we would have done differently in order to improve the patients experience.
We were then split into groups of 5 and had a group interview. This again was really informal and we were asked about current issues, the role of a nurse, as well as a talk about the video we had just watched. Following this was a 5 minute individual interview and the only question they asked was 'why do you want to study adult nursing'
My only advice would be to try and stay calm and collected and try to relax and make sure you brush up on current issues in healthcare. Dress smart and ensure you let everyone have their say in the group interview and don't interrupt.

Good Luck!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 817
Hiya

I have sent my application to BCU in November for Adult Nursing, I have not heard from there. They contacted me with regards to passport details.
I sent them that,, not heard from them.

I have an interview at Coventry in April. Where else did you apply?

Shazim.
Hi
I had my interview at Salford Friday; questions related health issues facing NHS ( respect and Dignity of older people/ infection control) then individual interview, dont think I did to good but will wait to hear
Got interview for Manchester Met and Chester any ideas what the questions will be like for there
Reply 819
Original post by Lydia7288
Anyone heard back from Cardiff after interviews in Jan? I know they're not supposed to be getting back to us until March but I was just wondering if they're rejected anyone yet? x

I was wondering the same thing, i only had my interview on 15th of feb and haven't heard anything yet. I hate this waiting :frown: i really want a place there x

Latest

Trending

Trending