The Student Room Group

Exam center query

Hi,

So my old sixth form said they would accommodate me to sit my a level exams for further maths there - on a gap year and just decided to pick it up - but now they have said they can't. I've found another test center that will let me sit the exams there but on my UCAS I have stated that I was going to sit the exams at my old school. Will this cause any problems if I email the universities I have offers with to tell them that I am just changing the exam center now? Ultimately, does it really matter that I am no longer sitting the exams at my old school because I am still sitting the exams which is the main thing?
Original post by Teddysmith123
Hi,

So my old sixth form said they would accommodate me to sit my a level exams for further maths there - on a gap year and just decided to pick it up - but now they have said they can't. I've found another test center that will let me sit the exams there but on my UCAS I have stated that I was going to sit the exams at my old school. Will this cause any problems if I email the universities I have offers with to tell them that I am just changing the exam center now? Ultimately, does it really matter that I am no longer sitting the exams at my old school because I am still sitting the exams which is the main thing?

It should not cause a problem with offers etc. However, it might be a good idea to inform UCAS of the change, otherwise there may be delays in matching up your results with your offer on results day, causing a delay in getting your decision. You could inform the universities as well, just to make sure there is no confusion, but this probably isn't essential.

Universities would not be allowed to withdraw/change offers if all that has changed is the center where you are sitting the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending