The Student Room Group

How to use 2 hours of commuting per day?

Hi.

I'm 20 years old re-taking my IGCSEs and I have to drive 2 hours per day. I was wondering rather than listening to songs throughout my commuting, how can I take advantage of it?

2hours a day is 10 hours a week and I certainly don't want to waste them. I obviously can't read while driving so I tried reviewing what I studied in the morning in my mind but I always lose track of things.

I thought also of audiobooks but I have no idea where to look.

Any suggestions?
Original post by throwaway800
Hi.

I'm 20 years old re-taking my IGCSEs and I have to drive 2 hours per day. I was wondering rather than listening to songs throughout my commuting, how can I take advantage of it?

2hours a day is 10 hours a week and I certainly don't want to waste them. I obviously can't read while driving so I tried reviewing what I studied in the morning in my mind but I always lose track of things.

I thought also of audiobooks but I have no idea where to look.

Any suggestions?

You always try recording yourself reading/explaining your notes or lessons, then listening to it back in the car. The process of recording yourself explaining things will also be super super helpful as a revision tool. :yy: :h: It should be easy enough to do through your phone/an app.

You could try recording it like a quiz, too? :holmes:
Reply 2
a wonderful way is to think of a bunch of facts and memorise them during your commute. maybe pick 20 facts you need to know and record them. just play them repeatedly :smile:
Reply 3
Language tapes, provided that that is one of your IGCSE's. You could also try audiobooks as well, but it may be difficult to find audiobook versions of IGCSE textbooks.

Quick Reply

Latest