The Student Room Group

Will there be revision guides for reformed A levels (from 2015)??

I've never made a thread before so i don't know how likely it is that i will get a reply but whatever.

As you probably know from next year man A levels are being reformed. Revision guides exist for the current A levels, but how long will it take until new ones are created. Should I expect a flood of new revision guides being published during summer before the new a levels are rolled out, or should I expect to be far into my A levels or even possibly finished with them before they are published? I really don't know how long these things take and I am quite concerned as I rely quite heavily on revision guides as my class notes are always too messy, and textbooks have too many paragraphs/are too thick. Any ideas?
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
I've never made a thread before so i don't know how likely it is that i will get a reply but whatever.

As you probably know from next year man A levels are being reformed. Revision guides exist for the current A levels, but how long will it take until new ones are created. Should I expect a flood of new revision guides being published during summer before the new a levels are rolled out, or should I expect to be far into my A levels or even possibly finished with them before they are published? I really don't know how long these things take and I am quite concerned as I rely quite heavily on revision guides as my class notes are always too messy, and textbooks have too many paragraphs/are too thick. Any ideas?

You can be quite certain that revision guides for the new A levels will be produced in time for your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
You can be quite certain that revision guides for the new A levels will be produced in time for your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thanks. does that mean like in year 13 before exams or during year 12 or before year 12 starts (i.e. this summer)
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
ok thanks. does that mean like in year 13 before exams or during year 12 or before year 12 starts (i.e. this summer)

Definitely before the year 13 exams.
A variety of resources, some endorsed by the examiners and some produced independently, will appear as they always do when there is a curriculum change.
Keeping in mind that the A level changes may be delayed or reversed depending on the outcome of the elections, I have not yet seen any publisher release specific plans yet.

Quick Reply

Latest