One sentence to show off financial knowledge?

Watch
Blackberry rocks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically some guy acted like I was clueless about the world of 'business' and in a sentence I want to properly show off my knowledge and leave him positively surprised .

I will trigger next time I see him the topic naturally so it flows right into the conversation.

So PLEASE what can I say quickly in 2-3 quick sentences concisely and eloquently that includes the sort of key knowledge learnt in a financial degree that would impress a commoner ?

So I am referring to finance not 'business' .

EDIT : sorry i worded it wrong.I mean what are the key topics you learn in a degree. I am referring to the key words not an actual sentence. sorry for confusion .
TaintedLight
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wrong attitude. Be humble and admit defeat when it's obvious. You certainly are clueless if you think spewing 2-3 sentences will make you a guru in the field of whatever it is you are on about
samba
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A successful hairdresser or mechanic should look to hold an IPO within 6 months of commencing trading.
Blackberry rocks
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiceTheSlice)
Wrong attitude. Be humble and admit defeat when it's obvious. You certainly are clueless if you think spewing 2-3 sentences will make you a guru in the field of whatever it is you are on about
sorry i worded it wrong.I mean what are the key topics you learn in a degree. I am referring to the key words not an actual sentence. sorry for confusion .

like saying bonds, treasuries, capm, beta etc
TaintedLight
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Blackberry rocks)
sorry i worded it wrong.I mean what are the key topics you learn in a degree. I am referring to the key words not an actual sentence. sorry for confusion .

like saying bonds, treasuries, capm, beta etc
This will be opinionated if I try to answer this. Best narrow it down. What exactly in finance are you looking for?
Blackberry rocks
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiceTheSlice)
This will be opinionated if I try to answer this. Best narrow it down. What exactly in finance are you looking for?
just like an enumeration of the key topics that would impress someone, from basic to weird. and keep in mind it's a non-finance-eco-biz guy.
TaintedLight
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Blackberry rocks)
just like an enumeration of the key topics that would impress someone, from basic to weird. and keep in mind it's a non-finance-eco-biz guy.
Accounting, debit and credit
Auditing, financial statements
Corporate finance, equity and debt
Taxation, CGT and CT
Economics, GDP and inflation

Knowing some of these topics shouldn't make you "clueless". And i don't think there will be any need to "enumerate" this since better explanation will be given to you by Google. Best regards
Jay84
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
"What is your view on the evolution of the economy of the southern colonies? It is my contention that prior to the revolutionary war, the economic modality of the southern colonies could mostly be described as agrarian precapitalism"
A5ko
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
"I once beat my gran at Monopoly".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads