Yugirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello!
As many international students, I've chosen to complete the Foundation year to study in the British uni. I want to major in History in the future. So, I received an offer from UCL, St Andrews, Durham and KCL Foundation courses. Which one in your opinion is the best? I'm hoping to study BA History (or MA History if it's St Andrews) in the exact uni when I'll complete my Foundation (I'll try my best!). So, the four courses are:

UCL - UPC in Humanities
King's College London Foundation - International Relations pathway
Durham - BA History with Foundation
St Andrews - Foundation in Social Sciences and Humanities

My top choice was UCL UPCH but many people here (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=783814) don't recommend going there at all. They say that even many students with good marks in UPCH don't receive an offer from UCL and it's kinda discouraging Is it really not worth it as they said?

Give me some advice, please Which Foundation courses of these 4 will you recommend me? Feel free to share your experience, it's very important for me now!
NotJustAName
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would go for St Andrew's. I think if you do your foundation there, there perhaps you'll have a good chance of doing an MA there. The course title sounds better and more interesting compared to the others. St Andrews is prestigious and has a lot going for it. I think it will be a lot cheaper than living in London.
AlexG94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well Durham is the top University to study History in the UK-- http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...ings?s=history I received an offer to study the BA in History with a Foundation Year too! But I'm still debating where to choose. I think it all depends what you want to do with your degree and what you want from a university. A History degree from Durham would look brilliant if you want a career in something History related as I do! But that's just my opinion!

Hope you make the right choice!
anaramlee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello! I realize this post is about two years old but I am now(2017) applying to Foundation year programme's. Where did you end up? I, so far have 3 unconditional offers from KCL, St. Andrews(although I think the deadline has passed to pay this) and UCL. Please please please let me know your experience and what information you found out. I am truthfully a bit lost.

Best xx
oykot2194
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I'm an international student intending on appling for the foundation programmes at UCL, KCL, SOAS , QMUL for a BA History/International Relations

Does anyone have any new information on how competitive the entry to any of these programmes is? Also which among the schools i mentioned is the best and relevant to apply to other top schools after the foundation programme (LSE)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads