charlie464
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i've got my third driving test tomorrow, and i was just wondering how you guys stayed calm since theres no way i can do this again in this state.

my nerves are what got me the last times i tried, i drove perfectly on my lesson on monday and i have one before my test tomorrow as well, so any advice on what to do before hand or during the test would be great
username1253532
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1) Get a good night sleep (10 or more hours)
2) Eat a good meal
3) Get an hour or two hour lesson in just before the test to make you feel confident
4) When you start test, just imagine that examiner is your instructor and you are on a normal lesson like usual

You are probably nervous because the examiner is judging your moves and you are scared to make a single mistake and if you do, it continues to making a big mistake. The examiner doesn't require you to be flawless whilst driving, they just want to see you drive safely on the roads.

The lesson before my exam, I was making mistakes that I have never made before because I was also nervous of the exam, when the exam started, I tried to go out of the parking area in neutral (forgot to change to 1st) THREE times and I was thinking what went wrong, but after exam start, you just get more confident and the exam goes by so quickly that next thing you know is that you're back at the test centre again. There isn't really a technique on how to stay calm, just remember, imagine your instructor was replaced by an examiner and that as long as you show you're a safe driver, you're fine, just focus on the road & road signs to make sure you get it right, instead of focusing on the examiner sitting next to you.
jazjazjazjaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How did it go?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (153)
18.84%
Labour (347)
42.73%
Liberal Democrats (161)
19.83%
Green Party (45)
5.54%
Brexit Party (21)
2.59%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.37%
SNP (11)
1.35%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.74%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.12%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.12%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)