?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
any unique EPQ ideas medicine related?
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well if we give you an idea, it's no longer unique is it?
DanyaI
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What is the memory of the brain?
What is consciousness?

On a side note, not sure how big a difference EPQ makes to uni offers, grades and personal statement are a better place to divert you attention to.
nimra_khan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
(Original post by DanyaI)
What is consciousness?

On a side note, not sure how big a difference EPQ makes to uni offers, grades and personal statement are a better place to divert you attention to.

good idea, i can't really do memory as it is covered in As psychology for AQA A Unit 1 and we can't pick a topic related to our studies but the question on consciousness sounds interesting! Thanks , and ik it may not make a big difference but as a medicine hopeful with no voluntary experience as of yet , any opportunity where i can show off independent learning skills will be beneficial and it will give me something to talk about on my personal statement and hopefully at my interview.
nimra_khan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bobjim12)
Well if we give you an idea, it's no longer unique is it?

Good answer not really helpful, but funny
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nimra_khan)
Good answer not really helpful, but funny
You could be edgy and talk about political aspects of healthcare... that's what i would do..
TechRaid3r
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
any unique EPQ ideas medicine related?
I did an EPQ that was medical related and ended up getting a B. The EPQ is ridiculous to do when it comes to scientific theory. It just doesn't work. If possible avoid doing the EPQ it's useless for you anyway. But if you're gonna do something related to medicine go for ethics. For example the ethics of abortion, patient confidentiality, the amount of access doctors have to medicines and their patients(Harold shipman), clinical drug trials, alternative medicine(placebos etc).

Posted from TSR Mobile
nimra_khan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bobjim12)
You could be edgy and talk about political aspects of healthcare... that's what i would do..

yeah i think i might do it on whether the NHS should ration care to those who have illnesses inflicted on them by their lifestyle choices
nimra_khan
Rep:
?
(Original post by TechRaid3r)
I did an EPQ that was medical related and ended up getting a B. The EPQ is ridiculous to do when it comes to scientific theory. It just doesn't work. If possible avoid doing the EPQ it's useless for you anyway. But if you're gonna do something related to medicine go for ethics. For example the ethics of abortion, patient confidentiality, the amount of access doctors have to medicines and their patients(Harold shipman), clinical drug trials, alternative medicine(placebos etc).

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks i might do it on 'whether the NHS should ration care to those who are ill because of their lifestyle choices' what do think about that
TechRaid3r
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
thanks i might do it on 'whether the NHS should ration care to those who are ill because of their lifestyle choices' what do think about that
I think it's a good topic but the title is too vague, needs to be specific for an EPQ(hence it's a bit useless to do a science EPQ). Also there isn't actually that much you can talk about you'll find that you might be running out of things to say, so it wouldn't be good for an EPQ. You have to remember that majority of the marks come from the production log and all the admin side of things rather than your actual essay. Maybe something on holistic medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
izzyll
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DanyaI)
What is consciousness?

I agree that offers, grades and personal statement should have the majority of your attention, but if you have the time EPQ can be really useful. It gets you used to referencing and writing dissertation style essays, which will be useful when you start university. Also, if you just miss out on the grades you needed to get into your first choice university, they will consider taut you have EPQ and that could spruce you the place (lots of universities have said this when I asked them about EPQ). :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads