The Student Room Group

Large difference in entry requirements

I accept league tables are only and indication, but Nottingham and Bath seem to rank around the same level across different tables, yet their conditional offers are at very different levels.

Nottingham AABB (math can be B)
Bath A*AA (math can be A)

Is Bath really that much more popular for applications than Nottingham that they can afford to have relatively higher requirements?

What have Bath got, the Nottingham does not?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by otherwayup
I accept league tables are only and indication, but Nottingham and Bath seem to rank around the same level across different tables, yet their conditional offers are at very different levels.

Nottingham AABB (math can be B)
Bath A*AA (math can be A)

Is Bath really that much more popular for applications than Nottingham that they can afford to have relatively higher requirements?

What have Bath got, the Nottingham does not?

Thanks

Entry requirements are all about popularity. Bath is in a nicer location and is warmer. Nottingham’s campus is beautiful, admittedly, but it is colder and less sunny compared to Bath (on average). Also Bath has spent a lot on advertising the Economics Dept., whereas Nottingham has potentially just relied on its previous reputation.

In terms of the departments, there is no real difference. There is a huge perceived difference on TSR, but this is unfounded. The only bizarre thing I do find is how so many lecturers at Bath did their doctoral studies in Germany! (But that’s an aside and has no impact either way.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending