The Student Room Group

Choosing a Uk university

Ehi there! This is my first thread in this forum, so sorry if i do something wrong!
I'm an Italian student of Management Engineering from the Politecnico of Milan.
I'm applying for an Msc in Management in many uni in uk but i don't know which one would be the best choice for me.
For best choice I mean a university with a normal/good quality of teaching and a good night life. I'm looking for a right proportion of these two things.
I can't apply for a Top10 uni, so my gaze is oriented to these below:
1)Cardiff
2)Kent
3)Southampton
4)Lancaster (probably they will non accept me)
5)Heriott-watt
6)East Anglia
7)Coventry
8)Bournmouth
9)Essex
10)Royal Holloway

Which one from the list above would you choose??
thank you all!!!
Reply 1
Hi, I think your best bet is to have a look at each university, consult their syllabi, research orientation, etc. It's not good to let strangers decide where you should apply. You need to make sure you'd like to study at that specific university, but no-one here knows what your preferences are.
Reply 2
Original post by Nicco10
Ehi there! This is my first thread in this forum, so sorry if i do something wrong!
I'm applying for an Msc in Management in many uni in uk but i don't know which one would be the best choice for me.
For best choice I mean a university with a normal/good quality of teaching and a good night life. I'm looking for a right proportion of these two things.
1)Cardiff
2)Kent
3)Southampton
5)Heriott-watt
6)East Anglia
7)Coventry
8)Bournmouth
9)Essex
10)Royal Holloway

thank you all!!!

Hey!
Great to hear your considering Coventry. Are there any specifics you'd like to know more about?
I've been at Coventry for 4 years now, and I'm currently doing my Masters programme here too. I absolutely love it, and the teaching was the main reason I stayed here for my postgraduate degree if I'm honest, the time the staff spend with you and their commitment to providing engaging and stimulating course content is second-to-none. I honestly cannot fault them at all.

One thing I would say is that you should probably look into course content more than nightlife, as although the social aspect of your studies is also important, a good nightlife won't be enough to keep you at university if you don't enjoy your course! All the universities may offer courses with the same or similar names, but each course will be very different, your best bet is to e-mail the admissions team who can put you in touch with the course director who can provide you with the information you need :smile:

That said, Coventry's nightlife is good! It's got nowhere near the variety of bigger cities like London, but I've never struggled to find somewhere to go if I fancy a night out. We've got a good range of bars and clubs, with music to cater for pretty much all tastes.

All the best with the big decision and if you have any further questions we can help with, don't hesitate to get in touch!

- Josh
Original post by Nicco10
1)Cardiff
2)Kent
3)Southampton
5)Heriott-watt
6)East Anglia
7)Coventry
8)Bournmouth
9)Essex
10)Royal Holloway

thank you all!!!

Hi Nicco

My name is Amy and I am a second year student at BU.

BU is a more vocational university with an emphasis on practical experience in most courses. The library is very good and the facilities are constantly improving.

The lecturers are generally of a high quality and a lot have experience in the field (I am talking as an archaeology student here, so I am not completely sure about Management, but I would guess they to have experience).

There is a wide range of things to do at BU socially, with a fair number of clubs in the town centre (Cameo and Halo come to mind) and lots of things to do and see (Winter gardens, the Beach and the ballon to name a few).

There are also a range of events which go on throughout the year including the Christmas fair and Poster fair (which happens several times a year).

Good luck wherever you go, if you have any more questions about Bournemouth feel free to ask :biggrin:

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending