Looking to make friends before I arrive (September start)

Watch
Sam.Turner
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
As the title says,

I'll be attending The university of Leeds this year; Unconditional offer for Applied Computer Science, I'm not coming straight out of school, so i won't be going with anyone I know, Uni is a great place to meet people, but I think it would be nice to know at least someone before I get there,

So yeah, My names Sam, 20 years old, I'm easy going, open to pretty much anything, and I'd like to think im fun to be around

Reply here or PM me if you'd like,

Hope to hear from you soon!
Wincastle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey! I have applied for the Uni and have got an interview offer.
Sam.Turner
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Wincastle)
Hey! I have applied for the Uni and have got an interview offer.
Hey! what course are you trying to get onto?
Cooban
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey Sam, just turned 20 myself! Switching to Sociology so I'll be an ageing fresher too haha, more than happy to meet up for when September comes around

Don't worry about not knowing anyone though, the vast majority of people are in the same position as you, and likewise, would like to meet new people.
coconuthead--
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sam.Turner)
As the title says,

I'll be attending The university of Leeds this year; Unconditional offer for Applied Computer Science, I'm not coming straight out of school, so i won't be going with anyone I know, Uni is a great place to meet people, but I think it would be nice to know at least someone before I get there,

So yeah, My names Sam, 20 years old, I'm easy going, open to pretty much anything, and I'd like to think im fun to be around

Why did you take 2 years out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wincastle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey! what course are you trying to get onto?
English Language and Literature.
Sehrish1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi! Im doing sociology at Leeds
Elysee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As the title says,

hey Sam, I'm Elysee, also 20 and out of education a while. I'll be going into child nursing. Im moving up with my partner who is into computer programming. Will you be moving into halls?
Abihope_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cooban)
Hey Sam, just turned 20 myself! Switching to Sociology so I'll be an ageing fresher too haha, more than happy to meet up for when September comes around

Don't worry about not knowing anyone though, the vast majority of people are in the same position as you, and likewise, would like to meet new people.
Hey! i'm 19, also doing sociology how exciting. Haha, i've been struggling to track down some sociology applicants!
Sehrish1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abihope_)
Hey! i'm 19, also doing sociology how exciting. Haha, i've been struggling to track down some sociology applicants!
Haha same! Until now! Are you doing the regular 3 year sociology course? Or with placements or study abroad etc?
Abihope_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just applied for the three year course, what about you? (:
Sehrish1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just applied for the three year course, what about you? (:
Me too!
Abihope_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sehrish1)
Me too!
Awesome! Okay i have a question that EVERYONE seems to be asking, where are thinking of applying for accommodation?
Sehrish1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Awesome! Okay i have a question that EVERYONE seems to be asking, where are thinking of applying for accommodation?
Haha, actually I don't live too far from Leeds, so works out better financially to commute, rather than to live in halls
Abihope_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sehrish1)
Haha, actually I don't live too far from Leeds, so works out better financially to commute, rather than to live in halls
Oh no! That's probably a blessing in disguise though, i'm working out my finance and i'm gonna be BROKEEE
Sehrish1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh no! That's probably a blessing in disguise though, i'm working out my finance and i'm gonna be BROKEEE
Haha I know! The student life is a poor life! I have contemplated saving up but it doesn't seem to be working out! :eek:
mohamedm300
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hopefully if i get the grades i will be going to leeds this september. I'm planning to study Applied computer science xD i want to change to computer science if i do better than predicated. Yeah i'm 19 turning 20 later on this year.

The course seems difficult, i thought most students only going uni 2 or 3 days but comp science is everyday, full days i don't know i feel about this.
Abihope_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh daym, that's hard core. I feel for you! Hahah, they're seriously all day? 9-5?
coconuthead--
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mohamedm300)
Hopefully if i get the grades i will be going to leeds this september. I'm planning to study Applied computer science xD i want to change to computer science if i do better than predicated. Yeah i'm 19 turning 20 later on this year.

The course seems difficult, i thought most students only going uni 2 or 3 days but comp science is everyday, full days i don't know i feel about this.
Leeds axcept A level resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cooban
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh daym, that's hard core. I feel for you! Hahah, they're seriously all day? 9-5?
Sociology only has something like 9 contact hours per week. I'm just hoping there's no 9am seminars :')

accommodation?
I was in the Tannery for the first semester of the 2014 intake, it was pretty good although the trek up the hill to Uni was the killer.
If I was going into halls again, I'd definitely choose central village though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads