Theory Test and CGI hazard perception test

Watch
Queen_Hatshepsut
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi !

Does anyone took the new theory test with the Hazard perception part in CGI ?
JF97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey

I took my theory on Wednesday, and did the 'new' hazard perception test.
Queen_Hatshepsut
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What is your opinion about it ?

Ive only found a dvd with ONE mock test in CGI to practice it.
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My girlfriend just did the new CGI one, and I tested the CGI one once I'd completed my HGV theory test. It doesn't matter what you use to practise with - the hazards you're looking for are still the same. The only difference is that the CGI one is HD so it makes it a lot easier to spot things much further down the road than the old SD videos. Practise until you're good on the old videos and you'll pass easily with the CGI ones.
shaymarriott
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I did the CGI one for my motorbike theory in January. Was pretty good - it's very well done and there's a lot less ambiguity than there was in the old one (although I haven't done a normal one since 2007...).
IWokeUpLikeThis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Im doing my theory test this wednesday and I totally forgot.

Any tips and how many hours would you say you revised for?

Im trying to prep for it now. Also what is this new CGI hazrd perception and how many times would you say you clicked per clip.
Im guessing due to their being 14 clips (one which would 2 hazards in) I would assume that you would click 5-7 times per clip and 10-12 times for the clip that had two hazards. Does that make any sense.

Thank you!!!!!!
IWokeUpLikeThis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I passed by the skin of my teeth

I got 46/50 for the multiple choice and 47/75 for my hazard perception

I was actually surprised with the hazard perception as only clicked like 3 times during each clip and for the multiple choice I ended up doing " eenie meenie minie mo".

Posted from TSR Mobile
sabrina2929
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I passed first time I got 47/50 for the multiple choice and 67 for the hazard perception. I was so worried about the hazard perception being in CGI because I practised all the old clips that were in real video footage so I thought I'd be completely thrown off but if anything, it makes things so much easier because it's slower and its easier to see the hazard. Anyways good luck on the test
RamboGrad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have my theory this Wednesday Kinda worried about the Hazard perception as there's only 10 CGI clips on the DVSA CD to practice. I did do pretty well on my first attempt though, got 38/50 but it would be nice to have more CGI clips to practice. Hopefully it all goes well. I'm not worried about the multiple choice though, its a piece of piss :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (28)
13.46%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.73%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.33%
I need help with my personal statement (86)
41.35%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.44%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (16)
7.69%

Watched Threads