hansherlock
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am picking my GCSE options very soon and would like some advice on the textile courses.

I love textiles and creating designs and making things in both art textiles and textiles technology. Also I am aiming in a career in fashion and textiles.

I've been told how much hard work it would be to take both courses, but I feel like it would give me lots of information and techniques to take both.

So could anyone give me advice about this?

thankyou
ellieee1513
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hansherlock)
I am picking my GCSE options very soon and would like some advice on the textile courses.

I love textiles and creating designs and making things in both art textiles and textiles technology. Also I am aiming in a career in fashion and textiles.

I've been told how much hard work it would be to take both courses, but I feel like it would give me lots of information and techniques to take both.

So could anyone give me advice about this?

thankyou
Hello, I did textiles at GCSE and have continued textiles through to A-Level. And I have loved it throughout! At GCSE, I found the workload of it ok as I tried to stay ahead and I guess that the same would go for you if you decided to do both subjects and you certainly would gain art techniques that you could incorporate into your fashion designs, however, I'm sure you could manage textiles without taking art as well. It's really upto you depending on how you feel you would cope with the workload along with your other subjects. At A-Level, I find that Textiles is more art-based compared to GCSE which I am really enjoying and now I am exploring these art techniques, e.g, lino printing to see what I like to work with. If you have any more questions or need more advice then I would be happy to help
loodz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do AQA textiles in GCSE, and if your good with time management and meeting deadlines the course will suit you because 60% is coursework so it's challenging but it's veryyyy easy to get a pass so I would say go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hansherlock
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
thank you both so much for your replys, it swayed my decision and ive decided to take them. thanks again !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads