The Student Room Group

Ex Poly's - Who cares!

Just a quick question but why does TSR seem to have some sort of obsession with ex-poly's.... funny enough the people who don't even study at one!

Personally i don't study at an ex-poly but find the constant debate quite banal... especially when people in the real world don't care
Original post by Lord Jon
Just a quick question but why does TSR seem to have some sort of obsession with ex-poly's.... funny enough the people who don't even study at one!

Personally i don't study at an ex-poly but find the constant debate quite banal... especially when people in the real world don't care

Because a lot of people on TSR consider that graduates of ex-polys are taking jobs which they think should rightfully belong to graduates of more prestigious institutions. Basically, they're trying to cut down the competition for jobs upon graduation.
Original post by Smack
Because a lot of people on TSR consider that graduates of ex-polys are taking jobs which they think should rightfully belong to graduates of more prestigious institutions. Basically, they're trying to cut down the competition for jobs upon graduation.

But Most of their jobs have an A level filter fpr investment banking and law etc... which they wouldn't apply fpr in the first place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coconuthead--
But Most of their jobs have an A level filter fpr investment banking and law etc... which they wouldn't apply fpr in the first place

Posted from TSR Mobile

Such jobs are only a very small fraction of the jobs available to graduates.
Original post by Smack
Such jobs are only a very small fraction of the jobs available to graduates.

Yes to the ones from top unis. I've seen many from Portsmouth uni with grades AAB get into firms lioe clye and co. Just because they passed the A level requirement and tests/interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending