The Student Room Group

Need to know correct procedure to quit Greggs job during probation period

Hi there,

So, its been a week I got a job in Greggs. Currently I'm on probation period. But I realized I'm not happy with the job and not a right job for me. So I want to know do I have to give any week notice before terminating the job during probation period or just inform the manager and it will be terminated. I just want to know the correct procedure please.

Thank you for your help. :smile:
Original post by Samiha05

Tell the manager you are unhappy and want to leave. They'll either be happy for you to leave on the spot, or they will want you to work out the week. Almost certainly while on probation, they'll let you walk out straight away.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
Tell the manager you are unhappy and want to leave. They'll either be happy for you to leave on the spot, or they will want you to work out the week. Almost certainly while on probation, they'll let you walk out straight away.

Thanks for your advice. :smile:
Thanks for your advice. :smile:

What are you not enjoying about the job? I would have thought that a week would not really be enough to determine whether you were going to enjoy a job as it is during your acclimatisation.
Stick at it, I work at Greggs and had the same experience when I started, but honestly now I look back and am so glad I didn't quit :smile:
Reply 5
Speak to the manager, I had a job situation similar to this, I volunteered to work my notice out, as figured at least that way it's something I could put on my CV and also have a bit of money... :smile:
Reply 6
Heya

I was just wondering if anyone knows if Greggs allow temporary leaves?

In my case it's due to college and exams coming up. I really want to just focus on my studies.

I work on the weekends and I wanted to know if they'll give me permission to have unpaid leave (So it won't affect my holiday entitlement) for a month, so 8 days in total.

Thanks
Original post by Serena17
HeyaI was just wondering if anyone knows if Greggs allow temporary leaves? In my case it's due to college and exams coming up. I really want to just focus on my studies. I work on the weekends and I wanted to know if they'll give me permission to have unpaid leave (So it won't affect my holiday entitlement) for a month, so 8 days in total. Thanks

Common sense tells me to either check your contract or askin a manager.

is it too hard to think of that yourself or does that affect your studies aswell
Reply 8
Original post by TheOrder1886
Common sense tells me to either check your contract or askin a manager.

is it too hard to think of that yourself or does that affect your studies aswell

I was trying to find if someone may had dealt with a similar experience as it's a thread relating to working at Greggs...

I had mentioned I work on the weekends and was planning to talk the manager on this coming weekend.
Reply 9
Hi there,

So, its been a week I got a job in Greggs. Currently I'm on probation period. But I realized I'm not happy with the job and not a right job for me. So I want to know do I have to give any week notice before terminating the job during probation period or just inform the manager and it will be terminated. I just want to know the correct procedure please.

Did have to serve a notice?

Original post by secretgoldfish_
Stick at it, I work at Greggs and had the same experience when I started, but honestly now I look back and am so glad I didn't quit :smile:

Original post by Serena17
Heya

I was just wondering if anyone knows if Greggs allow temporary leaves?

In my case it's due to college and exams coming up. I really want to just focus on my studies.

I work on the weekends and I wanted to know if they'll give me permission to have unpaid leave (So it won't affect my holiday entitlement) for a month, so 8 days in total.

Thanks

Do you guys still work there?

Sorry to be a pain bringing up an old thread, I can't find my contract and I really need to know what the notice period is and don't want to have to ask my Manager for it :frown:
Original post by Rbutton
Did have to serve a notice?

Do you guys still work there?

Sorry to be a pain bringing up an old thread, I can't find my contract and I really need to know what the notice period is and don't want to have to ask my Manager for it :frown:

Heya

Yeah I still do :smile:

Just checked the contract and it depends on how many years you've been working there.

1 year or less you'll need 1 week notice. 2 years is 2 weeks, 3 years is 3 weeks and so on :smile:

Hope this helped! :smile:
Reply 11
Hi there,

Did you quit?
Reply 12
Hi there,

Did you quit
Original post by Al sayeed
Did you quit?

They haven’t posted for 11 years I’m afraid.

Latest

Trending

Trending