Applying through Adjustment even if I haven't applied through UCAS

Watch
RGJ
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys,
So, I didn't apply to university through UCAS this year because my predicted grades weren't as high as I'd hoped. If I do achieve the grades I'm aiming for and it matches or exceeds what some unis want, can I apply through Adjustment or is that not possible? I would appreciate any help!
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You will need to make a UCAS application (you can leave the university choices section blank) to do clearing. As long as you have a UCAS application on results day you can do clearing. The only way you can do adjustment is if you hold an offer, so what I would advise you do is make a UCAS application and apply for the course you want to do as a late applicant (you might as well apply for a rubbish university so you get the offer) and when you get offer do adjustment on results day.
RGJ
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raymat)
You will need to make a UCAS application (you can leave the university choices section blank) to do clearing. As long as you have a UCAS application on results day you can do clearing. The only way you can do adjustment is if you hold an offer, so what I would advise you do is make a UCAS application and apply for the course you want to do as a late applicant (you might as well apply for a rubbish university so you get the offer) and when you get offer do adjustment on results day.
I was completing the UCAS application in December when I decided I didn't want to apply immediately as I didn't have the predicted grades I needed. So, can i apply through Extra? And I definitely can't apply through Adjustment without applying through UCAS first?
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RGJ)
I was completing the UCAS application in December when I decided I didn't want to apply immediately as I didn't have the predicted grades I needed. So, can i apply through Extra? And I definitely can't apply through Adjustment without applying through UCAS first?
Yeh apply for a course through extra and then when you get offer do adjustment on results day. You can't do adjustment without UCAS.
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You need to apply through UCAS, and to go through adjustment you need to accept a uni offer. You can apply to UCAS to enter clearing without having any offers.
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, you must apply to at least one university if you apply now. If you apply after 30th June you must leave the choices blank, but before that you have to choose a uni. You're not applying if you've not got anywhere to apply to.

Yeh apply for a course through extra and then when you get offer do adjustment on results day. You can't do adjustment without UCAS.
You can't apply for Extra unless you've already used all 5 choices and are currently holding no options.

(Original post by RGJ)
You have to apply normally. You're currently not eligible for Extra or Adjustment as you need to have made a standard application first. And for Adjustment you need to meet and exceed your firm offer.
You can apply through Clearing without applying elsewhere first if you wish, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RGJ
Rep:
?
(Original post by Boristhethird)
No, you must apply to at least one university if you apply now. If you apply after 30th June you must leave the choices blank, but before that you have to choose a uni. You're not applying if you've not got anywhere to apply to.

You can't apply for Extra unless you've already used all 5 choices and are currently holding no options.

You have to apply normally. You're currently not eligible for Extra or Adjustment as you need to have made a standard application first. And for Adjustment you need to meet and exceed your firm offer.
You can apply through Clearing without applying elsewhere first if you wish, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But I thought the deadline was gone for UCAS applications
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RGJ)
But I thought the deadline was gone for UCAS applications
No. The deadline has passed for universities to have to guarantee equal consideration - so if you apply now they don't need to look at your application. But you can still apply, and you have to have applied to use the add ons suggested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RGJ
Rep:
?
(Original post by Boristhethird)
No. The deadline has passed for universities to have to guarantee equal consideration - so if you apply now they don't need to look at your application. But you can still apply, and you have to have applied to use the add ons suggested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, thanks but what do you mean by add ons?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads