Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC - Customer Service consultant watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant! Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    @ Evelyn_Buttons, thanks so much for that. I have now forwarded my DSB certificate so hoping I hear back from them soon. Also i filled out a health declaration form when I went in for my first interview (applied for two different roles). I'm based in Glasgow. Let's hope we all hear something positive this week.

ReputationRep:
    No problem! Fingers crossed. I am now nervous about the Health Declaration as I have a mild medical condition... I hope they don't discriminate.

ReputationRep:
    Any updates?? Or is everyone still waiting

ReputationRep:
    No news

ReputationRep:
    I've started in Peterlee on 7th

ReputationRep:
    Just opened a letter, which turned out to be log in information for an online medical questionnaire. Looks like they decided not to do Health Declarations for some of us and outsourced the responsibility, of course, forgetting to alter the information in the e-mail? Perhaps the rest of you, who didn't get the form with the e-mail, will receive a letter soon too?

ReputationRep:
    I got both as well and when i rang them to query it when they were having system issues with receiving the health declaration forms, they said that u need to fill both out, one for them and the one with the log in details is for Occupational Health 'OH Assist'.

If u put anything on those forms regarding health issues you will be given a telephone appt with an Occ Health advisor to see if ur fit to do the job u've applied for

ReputationRep:
    I see, thanks for the info!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I just got an e-mail saying my pre-employment checks are completed and are successful, that they will contact me regarding the start date. I am so happy the wait is finally over and I got the job. I hope you all will hear good news soon too and enjoy your time with HMRC!

ReputationRep:
    Same here evelyn i got an email this morning come through to finalise my checks have been completed and they will be in touch soon.
    Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Finally got an email with a provisional offer! Can anyone give me a ball park on how long after that they got back in contact? I've filled out the reference section on the civil service website. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys. I'm still waiting. Anyone in Glasgow/East Kilbride heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Ada27 how long did you wait between the provisional offer and other communication? Just got mine on Friday!

ReputationRep:
    Hi turboc, my provisional offer was made on the 10th and my Dsb certificate came on the 18th but didn't know I was meant to send it to hmrc so held on to it for nearly two weeks. I have now sent it- over 10 days ago so I am hoping I hear from you soon. Not sending the Dsb certificate has definitely caused a delay with my checks. I am sure u will get ur Dsb certificate soon, just make sure u send it as soon as it arrives. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi turboc, my provisional offer was made on the 10th and my Dsb certificate came on the 18th but didn't know I was meant to send it to hmrc so held on to it for nearly two weeks. I have now sent it- over 10 days ago so I am hoping I hear from them soon. Not sending the Dsb certificate has definitely caused a delay with my checks. I am sure u will get ur Dsb certificate soon, just make sure u send it as soon as it arrives. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear back from East Kilbride/Glasgow as well. I got my provisional offer just over a month ago.

I contacted them about disclosure checks after I received my certificate and they said that Disclosure Scotland automatically forward the certificate to them and so we don't have to post off certificates when they arrive.

Hoping we get some news soon - I'm sure the Glasgow permanent roles were advertised well after all the EK roles & Glasgow Temp vacancies. I wonder if they're having to wait for result of the second batch of interviews from that vacancy listing before finalising checks and sorting out our location preferences? That could be why it's taking so long? Either way, I hope we hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who went for the interview for the permanent Glasgow based job heard anything back? I know there was a temp East Kilbride job advertised before the one I've went for

I had my interview on 12th of March and as yet I've heard nothing. Tried phoning the two applicant contacts on the vacancy but both just rang out. Is there an email address I could contact?

ReputationRep:
    I went for interview in Glasgow on the 3rd of march and still haven't heard anything. I called the number as well last week and got through to a lady who said they were still interviewing and it could take another couple of weeks before they get back to people. I really hope we hear back soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ada27)
    I went for interview in Glasgow on the 3rd of march and still haven't heard anything. I called the number as well last week and got through to a lady who said they were still interviewing and it could take another couple of weeks before they get back to people. I really hope we hear back soon!
    Was that Sarah on the 0141 303 number? Got no joy myself trying to contact them. They told me the permanent Glasgow jobs were starting end of April/start of May so I was expecting to have at least heard something by now

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.