The Student Room Group

HMRC - Customer Service consultant

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Edin89
Hey, got interviewed for a Customer Service Consultant Apprenticeship role with HMRC in late June.

Would anybody be able to give me a heads up on when I can expect them to get back to me with a provisional offer?

I realise that after reading parts of this thread, the wait from provisional offer to final offer/start date can take 4 months, though I'm wondering how much longer I can expect to wait for feedback on my interview.

Also, what happens next? Are there any other assessments after the interview stage?

I also had an interview in mid June, its now been just over a month since I had my interview and still no feedback :confused:
Reply 1361
Original post by Koeveh96
I also had an interview in mid June, its now been just over a month since I had my interview and still no feedback :confused:

Try checking your email! I just got put on the reserve list, prior to them sorting through based on merit order.
I have also been put on the reserve list and been told "We've placed you on a reserve list from which appointments may be made if a similar job becomes available."

Not too sure what to make of this, did you receive the same message?
(edited 6 years ago)
I have also been put on the reserve list and been told "We've placed you on a reserve list from which appointments may be made if a similar job becomes available."

Not too sure what to make of this, did you receive the same message?

I got the same message. Not completely sure what it all means either :/
Reply 1364
From the wording of the message, it sounds like most if not all people who have attained at least 4s in each competency at interview have been put on the reserve list, and they'll be sorted through sequentially based on merit order.
i'm waiting for dbs check to be completed.. it's taking forever!
dbs is completed.. how are people finding the job so far?
Hay i started with hmrc ao in may in bradford.if u need and advice im here lol
thanks.. do you like it and it good money?
Original post by Miss Rigsby
thanks.. do you like it and it good money?

Hay i do enjoy it and the wage has gon up im on 18800.also when u do over time itsdouble pay and weekends u get a extra 20 quid.plus 3 beaks a day plus lots of benefits
sounds pretty good and extra money to be made :smile:
Reply 1371
Original post by Edin89
From the wording of the message, it sounds like most if not all people who have attained at least 4s in each competency at interview have been put on the reserve list, and they'll be sorted through sequentially based on merit order.

Have any of you heard back yet since that last email?
Reply 1372
Original post by LR123
Have any of you heard back yet since that last email?

No, nothing as of yet. I kind of expected waiting at least this long anyway.

Won't get worried unless I don't hear something by the end of August/Early September.
Original post by Edin89
No, nothing as of yet. I kind of expected waiting at least this long anyway.

Won't get worried unless I don't hear something by the end of August/Early September.

I haven't heard anything back yet either. I just keep checking my emails everyday hoping to hear something!
Reply 1374
I haven't heard anything back yet either. I just keep checking my emails everyday hoping to hear something!

Same! where did you two apply to?
Original post by LR123
Same! where did you two apply to?

Nottingham, I've heard that someone who applied for Blackpool received a provisional offer last week. So I'm hoping to hear something soon!
Reply 1376
Nottingham, I've heard that someone who applied for Blackpool received a provisional offer last week. So I'm hoping to hear something soon!

Newcastle for me, I was talking to someone who applied for Birmingham and they've not heard anything yet. If I get anything I'll message here.

Good luck btw!
Original post by LR123
Newcastle for me, I was talking to someone who applied for Birmingham and they've not heard anything yet. If I get anything I'll message here.

Good luck btw!

Good luck to you too! Hopefully we will hear back sooner rather than later.
Reply 1378
Applied for Bathgate, myself. Glad to know it's not just me that's waiting still!
Reply 1379
Original post by Edin89
Applied for Bathgate, myself. Glad to know it's not just me that's waiting still!

Exactly! Good luck to you as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending