The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Bsc Economics and Economics History

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by pulp3996
No, I'm still struggling between UCL economics and LSE E&EH... asking for advice everywhere...

I'm not in the UK, so not able to go to the Offer Holders' Day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the offer for straight Econ from UCL as well. But I think I would prefer to be a graduate from LSE, and quite fancy the course structure of E&EH. Anyway, really hope to see you in LSE!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Original post by Ruby_lbr
I got the offer for straight Econ from UCL as well. But I think I would prefer to be a graduate from LSE, and quite fancy the course structure of E&EH. Anyway, really hope to see you in LSE!

Oops.... I made a mistake. I should be an undergraduate, not graduate.....
so silly....
No, I'm still struggling between UCL economics and LSE E&EH... asking for advice everywhere...

I'm not in the UK, so not able to go to the Offer Holders' Day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a great position to be in! I did BSc Econ at LSE but my close friends did E&EH- the truth is E&EH is more EH than E- of course there are econ modules the guys took that I also took but there's a greater emphasis on economic history. If you prefer pure econ then go for UCL, which has an excellent department. If you're more into historical/practical applications of economic theory then E&EH would be better. If I were you, I'd go for the econ at UCL just because I prefer the mathematics/analytical aspect of econ and it's a great department.
Reply 43
Ruby_lbr,
After weeks of consideration, I have officially firmed LSE :smile: really hope to see you in September!

BnThereDnThat,
Thanks for your valuable advice! I think I would prefer the historical aspects of economic theories:smile: the course structure of E&EH attracts me more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ruby_lbr,
After weeks of consideration, I have officially firmed LSE :smile: really hope to see you in September!

BnThereDnThat,
Thanks for your valuable advice! I think I would prefer the historical aspects of economic theories:smile: the course structure of E&EH attracts me more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case congrats the E&EH course at LSE is world-class. Good luck!
Reply 45
Ruby_lbr,

BnThereDnThat,

Posted from TSR Mobile

May be a bit late but I got an unconditional offer to study EH :smile: Add me up if you guys are on fb! (tan manyun) Hope to see you lot in LSE this sept.
Reply 46
Ruby_lbr,

BnThereDnThat,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same last year (chose LSE E&EH instead of UCL) - took me so bloody long to decide but I'm happy I did! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
Did you guys write much about econ history? How come UCL gave you offers for straight econ??
On the LSE website they said economics counts as an essay-writing does anyone know who has got into economics and economic history with economics as their only essay-writing subject? Also does anyone who does economics and economic history have any opinion on it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending