The Student Room Group

Got rejected by City - chances for getting in through Adjustment?

Hi guys, I've firmed Westminster (BBC offer) but I absolutely am determined to get into City Uni of London to study Criminology.

Which set of grades realistically will I need to stand a chance of getting in through Adjustment?

Is Criminology an over-suscribed course at City/in general?

Do you think/know whether City will have vacant spaces in the course come results day this August?

Thanks guys, please can everyone give me their brutually honest opinion.:smile:
Original post by stressedbrownboy
Hi guys, I've firmed Westminster (BBC offer) but I absolutely am determined to get into City Uni of London to study Criminology.

Which set of grades realistically will I need to stand a chance of getting in through Adjustment?

Do you think/know whether City will have vacant spaces in the course come results day this August?

if they have rejected you there is little chance they will accept you under adjustment. your best bet is to forget city and look elsewhere. work on the motto city university's loss is someone else's gain

1) In order to go through adjustment, you would need a minimum of BBB, but most universities won't consider you for their courses, unless you meet the minimum entry requirements for the course.

2) Criminology can be a popular subject, but it's not as competitive as some. I'm not sure about city specifically, but there are likely to be some spaces available in adjustment (especially if you would consider a joint honours as well).

3) No-one knows for sure unless they can predict the future! The best way to get some idea of the likelyhood of spaces is to find clearing lists for the last 3 years or more- and get some idea of how often the course and others like it come up in clearing/adjustment. You can normally access these lists through your local library.

Finally, it is worth remembering that if the uni rejected you for a reason other than your grades, they may still chose not to consider your application via adjustment, so you do have a lower chance at a uni you previously were rejected from. Are there any other unis you are interested in?
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
1) In order to go through adjustment, you would need a minimum of BBB, but most universities won't consider you for their courses, unless you meet the minimum entry requirements for the course.

2) Criminology can be a popular subject, but it's not as competitive as some. I'm not sure about city specifically, but there are likely to be some spaces available in adjustment (especially if you would consider a joint honours as well).

3) No-one knows for sure unless they can predict the future! The best way to get some idea of the likelyhood of spaces is to find clearing lists for the last 3 years or more- and get some idea of how often the course and others like it come up in clearing/adjustment. You can normally access these lists through your local library.

Finally, it is worth remembering that if the uni rejected you for a reason other than your grades, they may still chose not to consider your application via adjustment, so you do have a lower chance at a uni you previously were rejected from. Are there any other unis you are interested in?

Thanks for the great reply!

I'm pretty fixated on City imo. But I just want a good uni, with very good employability prospects for Criminology! Oh and it has to be in London.
Better idea is to get your grades and, if good enough, apply for next year.
Original post by returnmigrant
Better idea is to get your grades and, if good enough, apply for next year.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3178445
The answers won't change!
Thanks for the great reply!

I'm pretty fixated on City imo. But I just want a good uni, with very good employability prospects for Criminology! Oh and it has to be in London.

Have you asked City for feedback on why they rejected you? You need to deal with this first, as if it's an issue with (for example) your PS/reference or the subject combination you've taken, it's unlikely reapplying, even next year, will make much of a difference.

Quick Reply

Latest