The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do you mean retaken A-Level units?

I shouldn’' think it would bother them, they probable wouldn't find out anyway unless you put your AS grade down.
Reply 2
yup retaken alevel/as level units
Reply 3
When I applied in Oct, I was disappointed with my M2 mark and I told them I would be retaking it in my interview (after they asked for module marks) and they didn't seem bothered! Just tell them why you did badly the first time round, ie. had your teacher missed a topic out? were u ill? etc etc
Reply 4
Apparently they do care but it didn't seem to do too much damage to my application. I said I was going to be resitting P2 (got a 70). I never actually did though which I'm majorly regretting this time around.
Reply 5
Hoofbeat
When I applied in Oct, I was disappointed with my M2 mark and I told them I would be retaking it in my interview (after they asked for module marks) and they didn't seem bothered! Just tell them why you did badly the first time round, ie. had your teacher missed a topic out? were u ill? etc etc

wot was ur 'poor score'???
Reply 6
76/100, which is a B and considering they like physics students who are brilliant at Maths and will get an A overall I felt I needed to resit it. I'm glad I did as well as in Jan I got 96/100, so I went up by 20marks! Now P3 can go a bit wrong and hopefully <crosses fingers> I'll still get my A!
As has been mentioned, under most circumstances they needn't ever know if you've resat exams. I retook P3 after getting a bottom-line E on my first attempt; I don't know how they'd have reacted if they knew I'd gotten that, but they never got to find out as all that was reported to them was my final grade.
Reply 8
i got a very low A in my german writing paper, but resat it and it went up by like 12 marks, yey! and i wouldnt worry- if they have any doubts the interview should clear it up- i know someone, with the help of amazing reference and an amazing interview, got onto a history course at oxford....with a C at AS level history....
Reply 9
priya
i got a very low A in my german writing paper, but resat it and it went up by like 12 marks, yey! and i wouldnt worry- if they have any doubts the interview should clear it up- i know someone, with the help of amazing reference and an amazing interview, got onto a history course at oxford....with a C at AS level history....

dpes anyone know how many times you can retake a module? (as)
Reply 10
TheWolf
dpes anyone know how many times you can retake a module? (as)

You can take an individual module once only but if you want to take again (ie a 2nd resit) then you HAVE to take the WHOLE AS set of module exams (normally 3) again. I think this applies even if you carry on to A2.
Reply 11
Geogger
You can take an individual module once only but if you want to take again (ie a 2nd resit) then you HAVE to take the WHOLE AS set of module exams (normally 3) again. I think this applies even if you carry on to A2.

ahh i see ta :cool:
Reply 12
nope the rules have changed now....you can take it twice and still keep the higher mark.
Reply 13
Geogger

You only have to take all of the AS Units again if you cashed in your AS marks at the end of lower sixth, which is why some school's don't cash them in (and thus can only put predicated grades on UCAS forms) in order that their students can resit just a single module. :smile:
Reply 14
Hoofbeat
You only have to take all of the AS Units again if you cashed in your AS marks at the end of lower sixth, which is why some school's don't cash them in (and thus can only put predicated grades on UCAS forms) in order that their students can resit just a single module. :smile:

Are you sure about this,it says in the specifications that you should only be allowed to retake any individual module only once, I thought!?
Edited - have checked on edexcel website ... and you're quite right. Though why anyone would go through the purgatory of lots of resits is beyond me!
priya
nope the rules have changed now....you can take it twice and still keep the higher mark.

In fact I think you can retake as many times as you like (I don't know anyone who's retaken anything more than twice).

MB
Reply 16
musicboy
In fact I think you can retake as many times as you like

MB

Yeah, that's what we've been told

Latest

Trending

Trending