Laptop vs notepad?

Which is the best way of taking notes?
Which is the most used in universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JRennison
Which is the best way of taking notes?
Which is the most used in universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not a uni student but I'd say it depends how fast you type. Personally I prefer handwriting notes and then typing them. Handwriting also allows you to make little drawings and charts to help you do shorthand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
laptop - i cba to organise notes, they end up in the bin
Notepad
Reply 4
If you type faster than you write, use a laptop every time. You can write the notes so much faster, and can keep them organised very easily.
I usually make my notes on paper (handwritten) - then if I'm missing any of the notes off the lectures, I'll use Blackboard to download the notes.
Notepad, doesn't matter if you leave it in the pub.
notepad. only the geeks bought their laptops to the lectures.
Reply 8
everyone i know uses a notepad, they use laptop/ tablet to see the slides in the lectures (assuming so they can write notes from that slide if the lecturer is on a different slide).

We only use a laptop if we are doing something interactive that requires it.
Reply 9
So do you take laptops to lectures because I was planning on getting a new one but I'm not really into laptops or PC's so I would just get a basic one if it wasn't leaving my room

Posted from TSR Mobile
Notepad definitely works better for me. I notice a lot of people bringing a laptop/tablet into lectures but they always seem to get distracted by facebook :dry:
And also I think typing up the notes when I get home afterwards helps me to absorb the information a lot better, rather than throwing everything into a file and never looking at it again.
Original post by JRennison
So do you take laptops to lectures because I was planning on getting a new one but I'm not really into laptops or PC's so I would just get a basic one if it wasn't leaving my room

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome to but you can also just hand write it.
The laptop is more important for essay writing and such :smile:
Notepad and then I usually write up summary notes afterwards. That's just because I find writing stuff helps me remember it. I hardly ever typed uni notes although now for my MSc I do because it's easy to dump them on dropbox and then carry off from where I was.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending