The Student Room Group

I am bloody useless with women!

Anon

As in I dont attract women at all, and they never make a move. Just looking for general advice on this.
What sports do women like most?
Might as well be gay dude.
Nohomo
Original post by Anonymoùs
Anon

As in I dont attract women at all, and they never make a move. Just looking for general advice on this.

Completely depends on the woman, I personally don't really like or follow any sports.

Start seeing women as individuals rather than a set of assumed characteristics, all women are different.

Are you a confident person? If no the first thing you need to tackle before you even think about finding a woman is getting your confidence on track. Some women might approach you but unfortunately due to silly societal norms it's less likely, so maybe you try approaching women you are interested in?
lol so you've been waiting all this time for girls to make move. Why don't you try and talk to the ones you like? Girls wont notice you if you don't try, just saying.

Look good, smell good, and make conversation. As in for sports, it depends if they actually are into sports. Most of the girls I know don't like football at all so the only way you're going to find out is by asking. Unless you are going to take a sport Up just to meet women, then I have no idea.
Reply 4
This sounds a bit like a confidence issue. Always expecting women to 'make a move' will probably not work; she could be expecting you to ask her out (classic stereotype of society, unfortunately)
I'd suggest treating all women like a friend initially; I personally find it irritating when a guy immediately starts flirting etc before I barely know them. Show them the true you first, and any genuine woman will respect that.
Do you have any female friends? If you asked them for advice they'd probably be surprisingly keen to help - I know I would be!
Don't give up hope!
Me too :lol: I wouldn't make this a big deal, the next time you have a social interaction, just know the rules, regardless of gender
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
lol so you've been waiting all this time for girls to make move. Why don't you try and talk to the ones you like? Girls wont notice you if you don't try, just saying.

Look good, smell good, and make conversation. As in for sports, it depends if they actually are into sports. Most of the girls I know don't like football at all so the only way you're going to find out is by asking. Unless you are going to take a sport Up just to meet women, then I have no idea.

I cannot even stress enough how much I notice if a guy smells good, like my god. Love it.
Original post by swiggs98
This sounds a bit like a confidence issue. Always expecting women to 'make a move' will probably not work; she could be expecting you to ask her out (classic stereotype of society, unfortunately)
I'd suggest treating all women like a friend initially; I personally find it irritating when a guy immediately starts flirting etc before I barely know them. Show them the true you first, and any genuine woman will respect that.
Do you have any female friends? If you asked them for advice they'd probably be surprisingly keen to help - I know I would be!
Don't give up hope!

I don't know if assuming the "friend" stance is a positive thing, especially if anon wants something else. I am a big fan of "defining the relationship" right from the off. I am by no means condoning the use of quite crude and vulgar pick up lines, but start by asking for a phone number, it is a decent way of letting the other party know that you're looking for a romantic relationship rather than a friendship. Or, if it someone you've known for a while, ask them out, if you're confidence is an issue i strongly recommend the cinema, as there isn't much verbal communication that can be gained and you both are almost guaranteed a good time. The best piece of advice i can offer is perhaps trail and error, find an approach that suits you the most, this will mean that you may have to take a lot of rejection but I, much like most other guys, have lost count of the amount of times I have been rejected. When it comes to romance a very thick skin is required, change and adapt and become comfortable with who you see yourself to be, and then it's only a matter of time before the girls see you for that as well.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymoùs
Anon

Are you me?
Original post by swiggs98
Don't give up hope!
While you make good points you he has to be wary of ending up in the "friendzone", so in that case he shouldn't wait too long before making a move.
Original post by Multitalented me
While you make good points you he has to be wary of ending up in the "friendzone", so in that case he shouldn't wait too long before making a move.

The friendzone only exists as an alternative for "I just don't fancy you". Too many guys nowadays think that playing the "nice guy" is enough to get their end away, quite simply by having to "play" a "nice guy" it shows that you in fact aren't a nice guy. I mentioned before that it is incredibly important that one defines the relationship. to stop one from falling into this "Friendzone".
Original post by James Milibanter
The friendzone only exists as an alternative for "I just don't fancy you". Too many guys nowadays think that playing the "nice guy" is enough to get their end away, quite simply by having to "play" a "nice guy" it shows that you in fact aren't a nice guy. I mentioned before that it is incredibly important that one defines the relationship. to stop one from falling into this "Friendzone".
Yeah I agree, I mean being nice is a start but some guys just feel so entitled when there are also other requirements you have to meet :rolleyes: In the end he could still get "friendzoned" if he makes a move at the right time but at least he will have more of a chance of success.

Quick Reply

Latest