AQA CHEM 5/6----please can every1 who did it read it Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
AQA chem 5 was ****ed! like totally! ir evised about hundred possible section b questions, and no tone came up. that last q.9 was totally messed. what did ppl write???? id idnt knw what to write??????? and i was so phased on q. 7 i wrote abt copper instead of iron?!?!?!?

yeh and the chem 6???????? how dumb are the exam boards wankas? they giv u approx. 1.30 secs per question, then they expect u to do calculations like entropy/enthalpy elimination work (q.20-40) basards. i want the 'head' examiners 'head'

can every1 pls say wat they truly thought and wat percent they think they got, so i knw where i stand

I needed raw mark 113 out of the 180 available today for an A, but i will be pushing it after that paper, so im wonderin will theypush marks up if every1/majority ppl found it hard????

cheers AdZ
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hiya - yeah I did those papers today. I liked the module 6 one - it was much easier than previous years (the reason they only give you 1.5 mins/question is because you can just look at and answer most of them in seconds). The mod 5....ahem.....wtf!!!! It was mod 2 all over again, which was a shock, since I hadn't bothered revising module 2. The last question - I couldn't answer it and the first part of the second question (sulphuric acid and halides) caused me much stress!!! There wasn't a single redox potential on the entire paper!!!! It was module '5' but not as we knew it!!! Hopefulls AQA will recognise it as harder than the previous two papers and add 20 to the marks (they added 18 last time in Jan!!!!)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeh 6 wasnt that bad, altho i was pushin it for time at the end tho still. what do u mean they added 20 marks in jan??? i just looked on the website, and i did see that the grade boundary was moved down to 68% for an A. so hopefully they will do somethin similar or bring it down to 60%! so wat does that mean anyway??? does it mean if u get 68% in the paper say, they automatically giv u 80% of the marks tho?? anyway, i got the feelin i might just miss an A grade by about 4 or 5 marks. Will they do that???? or are they not 'that skank'????????

AdZ
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
the worst paper i have EVER ever done. i only answered one and a half of the questions in section B, and i'venotw found out i got them wrong. the rest was awful too, so so so cruel. i need an A too! i found module 4 really hard too, and the synoptic was just a loads of guesswork (one hour! please!). i'm NEVER gonna get my A, even though i got one last year. i'm honestly estimating a D.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
unless some clever private school ******* up and down the country (hope u aint one, and if u are, Hi private school *******) got really top grades, hopefully they wil b skewing marks down. think about it not many ppls sit the paper in jan anyway (usually retakes which shud make them easier for them), in june alot of novices to the synoptic style 3 hrs of bull****, so on the positive side, hey they will b alot of ppl gettin less than abt 30% of marks on section B, so we shud b saved. as i said, i got an A in mod 1/2/3/4 but i d think ive ****ed this. if examiners have decency, they wil realise that we are A grade students but it was a bad day/paper/luck/weather/anythin!

AdZ
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Wow, you guys have it hard for Mod 5 AQA. I did Edexcel Unit 5 and it was very generous.

Without a single redox potential question is just outrageous, kind of similar to Edexcel Chem 4 which I heard this year did not have a Born-Haber Cycle question.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeh. thats illegal! they cant do that man, usually its 6 q's in section A, one q. on each topic,. but this yr, ****-head examiner decided no redox, some stupid minimal periodicity, hardly anythin on colour changes and ****, and bearly anyrhin on thermodynamics. so what was that paper actually on????????? oh yeh, some barium sulphate bull****, i cant ever remember doin anythin like that bb4????????? wat gwan>?!

AdZ
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
thank **** for that. i came outta that exam well depressedd. paper 5...was everything but mod 5-the only question i expected was the born haber cylce. i may have forgot to diide by two sine two electrons were added but hey its too late now. paper 6 was reasonable apart from the time- the Qs were easier than previous years. had i been allowed anohter 15 mins i reckon it wud have been far better.

i got As on1/2/3/4/practicle..... mod 5 well im estimating a d/c more likely a d. i need 130 from the points avaible today and the practicle...not sure how i scored on the practicel....but my A is not looking safe.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
for the last question:

add water to dissolve MgSO4 and Na2CO3, SiO2 is insoluble as being macromolecular.
Filter
Add dil HCl to remove carbonate ions in the filtrate.
Add BaCl2 is make BaSO4 precipitate.

Filter out the ppt,
dry the ppt in an oven,
weight it using an electronic balance,
find the no. of moles of BaSO4 using (mass/molar mass)
find the mass of SO4^2- ions present by (no. of moles of BaSO4 x molar mass of SO4^2-)
find the % mass
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i totally completely messed that up. i couldn't do the last calculation q in section a (7 marks!!!!!!!) or 3/4 of section b
the most i can get if everthing i did is right is a c!!! and some of the stuff i was writing i was just making up completely. it prob. wouldnt have been so bad if there was an extra 1/2 hr - i could have done so much better on the last q if id had time to think about it
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeh true, i had so little time on section B, that i was writing without thinkin. thats no way to test h ow clever students really are is it? i think education sec. shud get the sack, and a overhaul

AdZ
barbiegrl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
for the last question:

add water to dissolve MgSO4 and Na2CO3, SiO2 is insoluble as being macromolecular.
Filter
Add dil HCl to remove carbonate ions in the filtrate.
Add BaCl2 is make BaSO4 precipitate.

Filter out the ppt,
dry the ppt in an oven,
weight it using an electronic balance,
find the no. of moles of BaSO4 using (mass/molar mass)
find the mass of SO4^2- ions present by (no. of moles of BaSO4 x molar mass of SO4^2-)
find the % mass
how the hell did u know that what module is it from ? ? ?
very confusing !!!!!
Matt1985
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Damn them!
I was on 377/420 before modules 4 and 5, and now..... im seriously doubting an A. I completely screwed up the first question of section A ( does anyone know what the hell they were talking about with the addition of MgO to HNO3 etc?!?) and i made a real **** up of the born haber cycle question. Section B wasnt as bad as section A but still......thta last question was a bugger!

And what is autocatalysis?!!
SoX
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Autocatalytic is when the reaction produces the catalyst itself and this drives the reaction rate up,,,more catalyst is made,, and so on so forth. At least thats what i put,, i think its right,,, sounds ok.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by barbiegrl
how the hell did u know that what module is it from ? ? ?
very confusing !!!!!
basically they are all from module 1, while SiO2 being macromolecular appears in module 4
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.32%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (279)
64.43%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.85%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.39%

Watched Threads