How to get A/B's in my AS levels?! More info...

Watch
rhianwilliams
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I had my mock results back a couple of weeks ago and its safe to say they weren't the best. I got CDDD (C in Sociology, D in English, D in Media and D in Photography) I really want to get grade B's at the least because I just want to go to a good university and a lot of the unis I want to go to have high entry requirements (ABB/AAB) :/ I appreciate getting these grades aren't easy so what would you recommend? Also I was thinking of starting to revise next week? First exam is in May. Thanks
nobodycarescarla
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been revising since February (I do math, chem, bio and psychology) and I'm just scraping B's and C's. If I were you I'd definitely start now! Its boring and tedious but just think of results day opening the envelope to find D's. I'd be devestated. I do a past paper every other day and the questions I get wrong I make flash cards for. Then I go through exercise books and make my own questions on the content then write them on flashcards. I was a shadow at Cambridge university and my mentor said she did every past paper twice and made flash cards for everything. She had straight A*s!
Best of luck with your revision!
MaisieY
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I didn't give a flying fack about my A-levels in year 12 and got all C's, then in year 13 I enjoyed them far more and started focusing from the start, but what really did it was that I started revising in January/February and worked damn hard and did some resists too, came out with ABB and going to a much better uni than I would have been able to before. On a gap year because I applied for crap unis before and then got my results and realised I can go to russell group unis instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
AsandaLFC
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MaisieY)
I didn't give a flying fack about my A-levels in year 12 and got all C's, then in year 13 I enjoyed them far more and started focusing from the start, but what really did it was that I started revising in January/February and worked damn hard and did some resists too, came out with ABB and going to a much better uni than I would have been able to before. On a gap year because I applied for crap unis before and then got my results and realised I can go to russell group unis instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
But this february thing wont help him. Its already gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MaisieY
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm very much aware of that, but I'm telling him what I personally did. If he starts revising now then he should be ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
AsandaLFC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nobodycarescarla)
I've been revising since February (I do math, chem, bio and psychology) and I'm just scraping B's and C's. If I were you I'd definitely start now! Its boring and tedious but just think of results day opening the envelope to find D's. I'd be devestated. I do a past paper every other day and the questions I get wrong I make flash cards for. Then I go through exercise books and make my own questions on the content then write them on flashcards. I was a shadow at Cambridge university and my mentor said she did every past paper twice and made flash cards for everything. She had straight A*s!
Past papers are a must but ive never understood the flashcards thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AsandaLFC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nobodycarescarla)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (157)
14.59%
I'm not sure (46)
4.28%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (320)
29.74%
I have already dropped out (30)
2.79%
I'm not a current university student (523)
48.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise