HelenaAsia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How is Drama in year 10? What sorts of stuff do you do? What do you learn? Would you recommend it? And would you say it's alright to swap to Drama from Business even though I'm also choosing Music and Media?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HelenaAsia)
How is Drama in year 10? What sorts of stuff do you do? What do you learn? Would you recommend it? And would you say it's alright to swap to Drama from Business even though I'm also choosing Music and Media?
Heya, I'm going to put this in the Creative and Performance Arts forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=81
HelenaAsia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Heya, I'm going to put this in the Creative and Performance Arts forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Oh thank you so much!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't know about AQA, I do Edexcel. In Edexcel it's all about practical exploration and how you approach and develop rehearsal time. There is also a practical exam as well. I'll check the AQA spec for you.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...40-W-SP-14.PDF

Check out page 5. No practical exam but a written exam based on your practical coursework. A performance you did and the review of a show you'll see.
cheeriosarenice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Don't know about AQA, I do Edexcel. In Edexcel it's all about practical exploration and how you approach and develop rehearsal time. There is also a practical exam as well. I'll check the AQA spec for you.
Does it teach you how to act? Or are you better taking acting classes?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends on your previous experience. My advice is join a bit of Am-Dram and develop some skills and techniques that you will be able to apply. Unit two on AQA basically furthers learning from KS3.
username1356366
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! I'm currently studying AQA Drama GCSE, I've completed all my coursework and just awaiting the written on 19th May.

AQA Drama seems to be different to others (my friends don't have to do written exams at other schools) but for AQA Drama I have to submit two pieces of coursework (they recommend at least one acting, most people do two acting but I did 1 acting and one technical theatre) and got full marks overall (120 / 120)

Then, you have to do a written paper that consists of 4 x 10 mark questions on Describe, explain, analyse and evaluate a performance that you did (scripted or non scripted), then you have the option of writing 2 x 20 mark answers on either a scripted play you've worked on or a theatre production you've seen.

I enjoy it, but the written is quite difficult. I would DEFINITELY recommend writing about both acting, even if you do technical as part of your coursework. You should get at least 3 attempts at coursework pieces. I was the only one in my class to fail my first piece of coursework (Literally I got a D/E) but ONLY your two best coursework pieces count, luckily I then got both 60/60s.

Once you've mastered the writing, you'll be fine. To get an A* though, you have to get A* in both coursework and written.

Hope this helps (and doesn't scare you.. Drama GCSE is fun)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (278)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.59%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.87%
Isolating with family (128)
7.1%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (81)
4.49%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (151)
8.37%
Loneliness (178)
9.87%
Financial worries (74)
4.1%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (166)
9.21%
Exposure to negative news/social media (129)
7.15%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise