have you started revising? Watch

ha27
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i have 22 exams and i am soo nervous especially those with no CA like sociology which has 3 exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
STUDYREVISE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Posted on TheStudentRoom
Katejcr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've not particularly started preparing especially for the final exams, as all my school seem to be doing is mocks right now. I'm supposed to be revising for my German CA but instead I'm procrastinating.
I have a ridiculous amount of coursework left to do as well so revision is taking a back seat right now, which isn't a great place to be in.
Good luck to every one with their revision and GCSEs.
ha27
Rep:
?
(Original post by STUDYREVISE)
I have 13 exams this year (I already did 4 GCSEs last year).
I was supposed to start revising from last week but I had a very important interview day at a private sixth form and was literally preparing for it all week. So my revision has been lacking because of it, but I am hoping to catch up this week.
I now have 9 weeks until my first GCSE and have planned what I am going to do each day as part of revision.
I only have 1 CA left to complete and must hand it in in 2 weeks, all the rest have been done.

I am very nervous in terms of exams and results as I am aiming this year for 1*, 4As and 1B. so in total, aiming for 4A*s, 4As and 2Bs in total for my GCSEs.
I must get these grades to get into my chosen private sixth form (if I am offered a place that is).
good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ha27
Rep:
?
(Original post by Katejcr)
I've not particularly started preparing especially for the final exams, as all my school seem to be doing is mocks right now. I'm supposed to be revising for my German CA but instead I'm procrastinating.
I have a ridiculous amount of coursework left to do as well so revision is taking a back seat right now, which isn't a great place to be in.
Good luck to every one with their revision and GCSEs.
you too and i did that with french but told myself once i did it it would be one thing less on my mind...

Posted from TSR Mobile
frozo123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have A2s haven't started revising yet
greentron6
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have 20 exams!
Feeling:
Skittlemz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had 33 last year for IGCSE!!
Afia Khan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had 27 last year but it kept me focused, and although, it was stressful, I just had to keep my sugar levels high and plough through
ha27
Rep:
?
(Original post by taylortron99)
I have 20 exams!
Feeling:
how much revision have you done? im being given hw still so i have to do that first which is why i havent revised yet!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
greentron6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ha27)
how much revision have you done? im being given hw still so i have to do that first which is why i havent revised yet!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I am currently in the process of writing notes. I've finished my notes on Science - Unit 1, RE, Unit 3, and History - Germany Depth Study. Hopefully, I would have finished all my major notes towards the end of March. However, I am going to start revising History tomorrow morning. For subjects, like German, I using websites such as memrise to learn lots of vocab and for Maths, I mostly spending my revision towards past papers filling gaps in my knowledge so I can hopefully achieve an A* in that subject.
For English Language, I tend to use mrbruff on YouTube, he is very helpful and I am planning to do past papers in order to increase my speed as my time management for the test is poor.

It doesn't matter if you haven't revise yet. I suggest spending this month writing all your notes for necessary subjects so when it comes closer to the exam, you should be using your written notes to revise, most preferably in early April.

Which subjects are you studying for?
ha27
Rep:
?
Well, I am currently in the process of writing notes. I've finished my notes on Science - Unit 1, RE, Unit 3, and History - Germany Depth Study. Hopefully, I would have finished all my major notes towards the end of March. However, I am going to start revising History tomorrow morning. For subjects, like German, I using websites such as memrise to learn lots of vocab and for Maths, I mostly spending my revision towards past papers filling gaps in my knowledge so I can hopefully achieve an A* in that subject.
For English Language, I tend to use mrbruff on YouTube, he is very helpful and I am planning to do past papers in order to increase my speed as my time management for the test is poor.

It doesn't matter if you haven't revise yet. I suggest spending this month writing all your notes for necessary subjects so when it comes closer to the exam, you should be using your written notes to revise, most preferably in early April.

e

Posted from TSR Mobile
ha27
Rep:
?
(Original post by ha27)
english lang (already got a*)
english lit 1
maths 2 (redoing but i already have a)
fsmq maths 1
science core 3 (redoing i have a c)
science add 3 (redoing have a b)
re full course 2
food tech 1
french 2
sociology 3
business studies 2
history 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
ha27
Rep:
?

woops sorry about my blank posts idk wats happening

english lang(already have a*)
english lang 1
maths 2 (have a already but redoing)
fsmq maths 1
science core 3 (have c but redoing)
science add 3 (have b but redoing)
re full course 2
food tech 1
french 2
sociology 3
business studies 2
history 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
greentron6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ha27)
woops sorry about my blank posts idk wats happening

english lang(already have a*)
english lang 1
maths 2 (have a already but redoing)
fsmq maths 1
science core 3 (have c but redoing)
science add 3 (have b but redoing)
re full course 2
food tech 1
french 2
sociology 3
business studies 2
history 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Impressive! What other methods did you use to achieve an A* in English Language?
ha27
Rep:
?
Impressive! What other methods did you use to achieve an A* in English Language?
to be honest when we did mock ca i always got b which knocked me down but i motivated myslef i always looked at the mosttt interesting quote and what i love is u cant be wrong
for the exam ngl i didnt revise but i did to a past paper for timing
in the exam i did q 6 which was worth 24 marks then 5 which was 16 then 4 which was 16 too then 123 which was all 8 so large to small marks my exam board was aqa i thinkkkk so it might be different for you but ca is crucial what did u get for your ca??

Posted from TSR Mobile
j-pritchett
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Im sitting 20 exams this year (did 4 last year but retaking two of them - Biology) I've done odd bits of revision but not timetabled but I start tomorrow. i'm expected:
English Language - A
English Literature - A
Maths - B
RE - A/A*
Biology - B
Chemistry - B/C
Physics - C (Got this last year)
Spanish - B/C
Business Studies - B
Economics - B
Art - C
History - A*
ha27
Rep:
?
(Original post by j-pritchett)
Im sitting 20 exams this year (did 4 last year but retaking two of them - Biology) I've done odd bits of revision but not timetabled but I start tomorrow. i'm expected:
English Language - A
English Literature - A
Maths - B
RE - A/A*
Biology - B
Chemistry - B/C
Physics - C (Got this last year)
Spanish - B/C
Business Studies - B
Economics - B
Art - C
History - A*
have u got your timetable yet? i know the odd dates but not the actual thing and really need it:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
greentron6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ha27)
to be honest when we did mock ca i always got b which knocked me down but i motivated myslef i always looked at the mosttt interesting quote and what i love is u cant be wrong
for the exam ngl i didnt revise but i did to a past paper for timing
in the exam i did q 6 which was worth 24 marks then 5 which was 16 then 4 which was 16 too then 123 which was all 8 so large to small marks my exam board was aqa i thinkkkk so it might be different for you but ca is crucial what did u get for your ca??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im doing AQA too. My CA is at an A*. In my mock, I got an A* in my English Language paper however we done another exam on Friday, and it knocked my confidence down. I'll be surprised if I got over a C.
ha27
Rep:
?
Im doing AQA too. My CA is at an A*. In my mock, I got an A* in my English Language paper however we done another exam on Friday, and it knocked my confidence down. I'll be surprised if I got over a C.
dont say thattt if you got a* in mock you can DEFINITELY get it in real
maybe friday was a one off and your mind just wasnt cooperating with a bit of revision im definitely sure you can get an a* you only need a good a in exam to get a* overall if ca is a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
9.28%
I used to but I don't now (15)
2.63%
No, but I want to start (205)
35.9%
No, I am unable to (132)
23.12%
No, I chose not to (166)
29.07%