Chemistry Paper 4 Edexcel Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
ii) state the tyoe of bonding in Sodium oxide and explain how particles react to form the product NaOH.

2a) As the atomic number increases in group 4 the metallic character of the elements increases. Explain how this increase in metallic character is demonstrated in the acid-base properties of carbon dioxide and of lead(II) oxide.

2bii) suggest a reason for the difference in behaviour of SnO2 and PbO2 with concentrated hydrochloric Acid.

PCl5 <-> PCl3 + Cl2

(ii) at a given temperature T a sample of Phosphorous pentachloride is 40.0% dissociated, the total equilibrium pressure being 2.00 atm. Calculate the partial pressures of each of the compnents of the equilibrium mixture, to three significant figures. Hence calculate the value of Kp under these conditions.

4b) If sodium proponoate is dissolved in water, the pH of the resulting solution is not 7 but is near to 8. by writing the equation for the reaction occuring suggest why this is so.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
pump
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
pooo
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
n e one got the answers to these questions ?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
CHEMISTS! REPLY
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (95)
18.66%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (324)
63.65%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.72%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.97%

Watched Threads