The Student Room Group

How to remove medical students arrogance?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asexual Demigod
Points 1 and 4 similarly apply to those who are at Oxford or Cambridge. The admissions process is rigorous and only the most academically capable students who fare well in a supervision/tutorial setting are admitted. The pressurised environment also applies to these students who tend to have workloads that are much larger and complicated than their counterparts at other universities. Finally, the grades required to study at either institution rivals that of medicine i.e. AAA/A*AA/A*A*A.

My point was not to derail the thread, but to supply insight into how competitive and intense Oxbridge is. This should demonstrate that it's not only medics who have to work harder than the rest.

I completely agree
Original post by Scott.
Wouldn't say most are arrogant, it's probably just a defence mechanism because some don't handle the pressure well.

I don't think I could be inclined to be at uni for that long doing the same thing.

I'd rather go travelling or something.

I agree with this
I feel sorry for them,I could never survive all that work load and pressure at the same time. That being said I really dislike it when my male friends who so happen to be junior doctors are complete dicks,it annoys me so much and puts me off
Remind them we will all be bankers and richer than them so while they're still at uni we will be millionaires
The irony contained in this thread is almost too much to stand.
Reply 105
There's only one thing for it... a transorbital arrogancectomy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending