The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick location....

Hello

I was wondering if a current student at Warwick could please be completely honest about what they think about the location of Warwick Uni. Is the campus as isolated as it seems? How often do you go for nights out, and do you usually go into Coventry? What's it like to move out in the second year - does it get annoying to have to rely on buses to travel to uni and factor in all the travelling time? What's it like for shopping and eating out? I think everything at Warwick is perfect, apart from what I've heard about the location....it just seems a bit sad to not be able to really just stroll down to your pub of choice for a pint in the evening in your first year....

Thank you in advance
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Hello

I was wondering if a current student at Warwick could please be completely honest about what they think about the location of Warwick Uni. Is the campus as isolated as it seems?

It may seem that way, but there're excellent transport links to Coventry, Leamington and Birmingham. It's not in the centre of a city, and if that's a requirement, Warwick's not the place for you.

How often do you go for nights out, and do you usually go into Coventry?

Me personally? None. But then I'm a grumpy 4th year. You do have to travel to your nightlife, but companies run buses to and from clubs, with included entry. Taxis are available at any hour of the day, and are cheap if you share.

Alternatively, you can go to the Copper Rooms on campus, but they run a bit dry after a while.

What's it like to move out in the second year - does it get annoying to have to rely on buses to travel to uni and factor in all the travelling time?

You don't have to live anywhere the requires a bus. But if you want the social life, yes you do. Yes, it's annoying, but you soon learn to adapt by staying in the library a little later to avoid the evening rush hour or go to the gym in the morning to avoid the morning rush hour

What's it like for shopping and eating out?

Tesco is a 10-minute walk.

There're 5 places to eat on campus if you don't count library cafe, Gibbet Hill cafe or University House cafe. You otherwise have to get on a bus to go to Leamington or Coventry where there's the usual choice.

I think everything at Warwick is perfect, apart from what I've heard about the location....it just seems a bit sad to not be able to really just stroll down to your pub of choice for a pint in the evening in your first year....

There're 2 pubs on campus and 2 bars.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply

Latest