Resitting A-LEVEL during first year of uni Watch

ssraiise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm asking for a friend; he isn't intending on changing universities, but the a-level's he currently has can impact future jobs/prospects. Is it possible to resit a few modules of a-levels during your first year of university, and if so, how do you go about it?
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ssraiise)
I'm asking for a friend; he isn't intending on changing universities, but the a-level's he currently has can impact future jobs/prospects. Is it possible to resit a few modules of a-levels during your first year of university, and if so, how do you go about it?
You can, but he needs to make sure that the exam dates don't clash with university exams. The main entry deadline for A level entries has passed for this summer but he can still enter at double fees. He needs to find an exam centre (=any secondary school or college) willing to accept him as a private candidate. The simplest option is his old school.
priscil_16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can I did it, mostly because of the same reason and I actually intended to change course after the first year. As the previous post states, he should make sure that university and a level exam dates do not interfere. And if he has two mind about the issue, he should go ahead and the alevel exams in the first year, rather than later years, at least the marks in first year do not count to his final university degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

13.92%
12.56%
12.44%
18.35%
23.28%
19.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise