Annie305
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I got an offer from falmouth for fine art and from Wimbledon (UAL) for painting (fine art) I really dont know which one too choose. I really liked the personal touch of fallmouth but I am worried that I would not have such great career opportunities as I would in Wimbledon. Does Falmouth do a lot of work placement opportunities in and outside of Falmouth?. Wimbledon being in london seems to be a good way of entering the art world and gettiing some contacts but it lacks a friendly atmosphere and the work.ethic seems pretty independant rather than being lead by lecturers.
treemoon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi! I've got an interview for Falmouth Fine Art on Tuesday. so worried about it..
but in terms of London universities, a lot of the people go to them for the hype of being in London *where you live in London counts a lot.. a lot of accommodation is in the bad areas*.
Personally, i started an art course at a london uni and ended up dropping out - realizing you also have to love the area *London was far too busy for me* and the people youre on the course with.. take from that what you will haa
With Placements, it really doesnt matter were you are from, if you put your work online, you will be picked up by someone. Never think about how far away from London a university is, it really does not matter in the slightest!!
From personal experience i've learnt all this and now just want to be at a university were you arn't treated as just a number and also dont want to be at a university were saying "oh, i studied at blahblahblah", is going to make me seem better than the next person! Good luck with it all though
Annie305
Rep:
?
Ok thank you so much I just need to clear things up and do a big pro/con list Good luck with the interview they were unbelieavably nice so dont worry too much. I was really nervous but when I sat there they were so nice that I just forgot that it was an interview and talked about my work. I recommend you to do a tour if you havent had one before your interview, they offered to take me on one before the interview and it calmed me down a lot and gave me a lot to talk about during interview. Good luck and maybe see you in September!
ggscz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi!
How did your interviews go?
I got on the painting course at Wimbledon but am unsure about accepting my offer - as you put I think it lacks a friendly atmosphere! However maybe other things about the college compensate??? for some reason my gut instinct is a no!!!
Annie305
Rep:
?
Hi, well I decided to go for Falmouth also because of the costs and it just seemed like it offers a better education. Also you should look at wimbledon right now in the news, because there are ongoing student strikes in there. However there are still so many pros for Wimbledon it was a really hard choice between the two. Best off luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.11%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
27.98%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (92)
37.86%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.35%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed