Anonymous8232
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How do you feel about the conspiracy theories that feminism is gender warfare designed to destroy society by turning women against man?

Why do so many feminists push for abortion?

Have you noticed that a lot of the radical powerful feminists tend be of a certain ethnic background?
Yeah dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wish we could fight for equality for everyone, not just for genders, but I guess I might get yelled at by mom for saying that

Posted from TSR Mobile
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous8232)
radical powerful feminists
Wait, what?
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How do you feel about the conspiracy theories that feminism is gender warfare designed to destroy society by turning women against man?
Have threads on Islam taken a step back today or something?
The core behind feminism is an egalitarian concept. While people have been using feminism as the butt of many jokes due to the more radical elements that the cause has inadvertently produced (people using feminism as a scapegoat for their misandry, etc), to ignore the message of equality and deride the movement as "gender warfare" is more than slightly misinformed. I can see how the few bad apples within the movement have led to this idea coming forward, but that certainly doesn't justify it.

Because there are a lot of people out there who think that they have the right to tell a woman what they can and can't do with their bodies.

Have you noticed that a lot of the radical powerful feminists tend be of a certain ethnic background?
I have not.
HigherMinion
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Oy vey!
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

i think that as a conspiracy theory goes its bollox

Because we believe in choice

No. and who?
caravaggio2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I wouldn't describe white middle class as an ethnic background, would you?
Zargabaath
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
I wouldn't describe white middle class as an ethnic background, would you?
This, the only Jewish feminist I can actually think of is that ***** Anita Sarkessian or however you spell it. Most feminists I've spoken to don't even accept her

I don't think feminism is a conspiracy to somehow degrade our morals, but more of an ugly, toxic consequence of the hardships women face, misconceptions and ignorance about men, a sense of entitlement and American victim culture.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

1) It's nonsense, and if it were true we'd be doing a pretty awful job of it

2) They don't. They just push for women to be given the right to make their own mind up on it - very few actively argue for abortions/against childbirth. There are even a minority who are anti-abortion due to the belief it's a patriarchal tool that encourages women to see starting a family and having a career as mutually exclusive options, or leads to social stigma for certain mothers (such as those who are young or disabled).

3) Not anything above and beyond the general media bias - actual feminists are a very diverse bunch.
RandZul'Zorander
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

1. They are hilarious.

2. Feminists like the idea of a woman being able to choose. Personal liberty and all that.

3. Uhhhhh....what?
RandZul'Zorander
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Drunk Punx)
Have threads on Islam taken a step back today or something?
TSR goes through phases. We seem to be entering the feminism bashing phase. Soon will come homosexuality. And then back to Islam lol
afterallthistime
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I think that people need to understand that most feminists are feminists for the purest form of the word, equality between the sexes. Yes sure, there are 'bra-burning' feminists out there, but they are the minority and that should not be the feminist reputation.

Because they are pro-choice, and believe that women have the right to determine what happens to their body.

And I have not noticed this at all.
The Socktor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RandZul'Zorander)

3. Uhhhhh....what?
I think he means that most of them tend to be white women, but I'm pretty sure the explanation for that is the fact that in most countries with good media services (the internet, television, newspapers, etc.) white make up the majority in the general population.
The_Mighty_Bush
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not a feminist by any stretch of the imagination but the problem with these anti-feminists is that I've found that they aren't generally very ideological consistent and that their arguments often mirror the bad arguments made by feminists. They have a very collectivist mindset.
RandZul'Zorander
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Socktor)
I think he means that most of them tend to be white women, but I'm pretty sure the explanation for that is the fact that in most countries with good media services (the internet, television, newspapers, etc.) white make up the majority in the general population.
Maybe. Hopefully they'll clarify but I'm waiting for the opposite.
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wonder sometimes why some feminists have such bewildering beliefs. :holmes:
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zargabaath)
This, the only Jewish feminist I can actually think of is that ***** Anita Sarkessian or however you spell it.
Sarkeesian isn't Jewish, she's of Armenian descent. Not that that matters anyway. And whatever you think of her, she's hardly 'powerful'.
HigherMinion
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zargabaath)
This, the only Jewish feminist I can actually think of is that ***** Anita Sarkessian or however you spell it. Most feminists I've spoken to don't even accept her

I don't think feminism is a conspiracy to somehow degrade our morals, but more of an ugly, toxic consequence of the hardships women face, misconceptions and ignorance about men, a sense of entitlement and American victim culture.
Sarkeesian is Armenian, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...ews_in_Armenia the shekels flow through her.

Christina Hoff Summers is a Jewish feminist. Lena Dunham also...

Now what's funny is it says in brackets (white woman), but look at her wikipedo page and she's quoted as claiming to be culturally and ethnically Jewish. Looking at the work she does, and what a lot of them do in the media to degrade women, I can't see it being a coincidence.

And then you have Barbara Spectre...
Attached files
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anarchism101)
Sarkeesian isn't Jewish, she's of Armenian descent. Not that that matters anyway. And whatever you think of her, she's hardly 'powerful'.
Of course she's powerful. Look at the degree of influence she has, look at the fact that she has a speaking fee of $4000 (I think I'd need to double check exactly but it's aroundthat) plus expenses for international events. She's in high demand and has a large number of people who are heavily influenced by what she has to say.
Sycamores
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a feminist but I'm definitely pro-life but at the same time I'm all for free-will as it's honestly your body and it's your decision on whether you decide if you wish to carry a child to full-term or you'd rather get rid of the fetus.

I do agree that there are some extreme feminists whom are just out to destroy men but isn't there extremists in every rights movement? You just need to realize that they don't represent everyone's opinions and views and move on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (166)
66.4%
No (84)
33.6%

Watched Threads