The Student Room Group

Revision Help? Really Panicking?!

Hi Guys,

So I am currently doing AS levels in English Language and Literature, Psychology, Law and Sociology - and I'm terrified.

I've been working myself up into a frenzy lately, because I just feel as if I know nothing about my subjects - for instance, when I look at past paper questions or mentally 'quiz' myself on a given topic in my head, I just go blank and it scares the life out of me. It's as if everything I have learned Pre-February has just vanished from my brain.

I have been revising throughout the year, although I can't shake the feeling that the quality of the revision isn't very good. (Typing up my notes in PowerPoint presentations - does that sound good to you guys?)

I got AABC in my mock exams - but I feel like it was just a fluke, and with only two-ish months until the ACTUAL exams - its too late to do anything, and all I can do is sit and wait to fail.

So guys - is it too late? Can I do anything about it? Can I save my grades?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi!!

dont panic i know exactly how you are feeling and we are taking really similar subjects :smile: (Law, English Lit, Psychology and History for me) i have the exact same feeling of failure and knowing the exams are so close is just making me panic so much!
I'm sure your revision has been useful and that you're just going blank because you are worrying so much, just try to calm down and take a breather before you look at a past paper or try to quiz yourself. xx
Original post by ambertx
Hi!!

dont panic i know exactly how you are feeling and we are taking really similar subjects :smile: (Law, English Lit, Psychology and History for me) i have the exact same feeling of failure and knowing the exams are so close is just making me panic so much!
I'm sure your revision has been useful and that you're just going blank because you are worrying so much, just try to calm down and take a breather before you look at a past paper or try to quiz yourself. xx

Thank you :smile: I hope your exams go well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending