The Student Room Group

How long would you wait?

Hi! How long would it normally take someone to say that they love you? (After having started dating properly)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
739.4 days, depending on the lunar cycle.
Reply 2
Good question. My instinct is that this is often said in the first flush of romance ie first few months rather than waiting long enough to know if it could be true..
Depends on how much you like them I guess, for me it was quite quick as I fell for her so quickly
Reply 4
2-3 months, not that I ever said it. I think I wouldn't believe it sooner.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Depends on how much you like them I guess, for me it was quite quick as I fell for her so quickly

How quickly?
When you love them, and not before that.
A month.
Original post by Anonymous
How quickly?

Well the second day we spoke I started texting her all day and it was just amazing... we could talk so easily and I sorta knew how I felt the next day... it wasn't long after that that I actually told her I love her.
Reply 9
Six months, having known her for about a year beforehand. Not fallen for anyone since.
Original post by SeanFM

This. I don't know how or why people refer to time scales when it comes to love. I would rather it came from the heart, whether that is a week or a year into a relationship. I don't wanna hear my partner say they love me for the sake of it or because we've hit the 3 month mark or whatever.
Well the second day we spoke I started texting her all day and it was just amazing... we could talk so easily and I sorta knew how I felt the next day... it wasn't long after that that I actually told her I love her.

Did she say anything that made you know you loved her? Hope it's going well with her! :smile:
It all depends on the relationship and how close you both are I think. Me and my bf said it within a month of the relationship but we were friends before going out and had already confessed how we felt before going out so it felt natural to start saying it early on in the relationship.

If I were in a relationship with someone I wasn't too close with before and hadn't known them for a while, I wouldn't have said it so quickly. I imagine it would have been a few months before either would say it but I suppose you just know when the time is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did she say anything that made you know you loved her? Hope it's going well with her! :smile:

Good question.... I can't really think of anything specific... it was just the way we talked and then hearing her voice just made it easier. Yeah it's going great thanks :smile:
Good question.... I can't really think of anything specific... it was just the way we talked and then hearing her voice just made it easier. Yeah it's going great thanks :smile:

I'm guessing you're going out with her now based on what you said?:tongue:
I'm guessing you're going out with her now based on what you said?:tongue:

Yes aha I am :tongue:
Yes aha I am :tongue:

Congrats haha :smile: Hope you keep each other happy!
Original post by SeanFM

This. There is no other answer. There is no time rule when it comes to this.

Some relationships you may end up never saying it because you may never love them, others you may fall in love with quickly. Some may take longer or never at all.
Congrats haha :smile: Hope you keep each other happy!

Yeah her happiness is all I care about

Yeah her happiness is all I care about

I've never actually heard a guy say that about a girl before...she must be really special!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending