The Student Room Group

Do men in the middle east respect women?

Scroll to see replies

There is no "Women's Day". STFU, you'd be complaining if men had a "Men's day" and Women didn't.
Reply 2
Original post by DunderMifflin11
There is no "Women's Day". STFU, you'd be complaining if men had a "Men's day" and Women didn't.

Why should men have a Men's day? That's equivalent to saying let's have a white history month. They [we] are the rule of law so everyday is Men's day and all history is white history, therefore it's pointless to celebrate or highlight something that's so dominant already, don't you think?

You'll get a "Men's Day" when your gender has been beaten, raped, trodden on and treated as material commodities with no rights rather than actual people for thousands of years, and have only just begun receiving fair treatment in the last fify.
Original post by Arieisit
Why should men have a Men's day? That's equivalent to saying let's have a white history month. They [we] are the rule of law so everyday is Men's day and all history is white history, therefore it's pointless to celebrate or highlight something that's so dominant already, don't you think?

I don't think it'd be pointless, no. Women have almost all of the same rights as men and the ones that they don't have it's because it doesn't apply to them. Feminazi.
This happened way before today so I'd advise averting from digging up useless stuff from Reddit or the internet.

Middle Eastern men are just like any other men on this earth, don't judge by race, thus you're basically labeling yourself a racist right from the TSR Homepage without us even having to open the thread.
Reply 6
Original post by inc0gnito
This happened way before today so I'd advise averting from digging up useless stuff from Reddit or the internet.

Middle Eastern men are just like any other men on this earth, don't judge by race, thus you're basically labeling yourself a racist right from the TSR Homepage without us even having to open the thread.

I haven't seen men from other countries make statements about women like this. It's in fact ,in these same middle eastern countries where women's rights are most needed. Women are treated as less than in those places.
Reply 7
I don't think it'd be pointless, no. Women have almost all of the same rights as men and the ones that they don't have it's because it doesn't apply to them. Feminazi.

I'm not a feminist or anything but I believe that everyone should be treated equally.

Black people have the same rights as white people, that doesn't mean they don't get discriminated based on the colour of their skin. Same applies to women.
I haven't seen men from other countries make statements about women like this. It's in fact ,in these same middle eastern countries where women's rights are most needed. Women are treated as less than in those places.

Have you been or are you from the Middle East? I care not for what you see on your television.

oh and I'm sure he speaks for all of us men from the Middle East too, according to your ideology.
"Men in the middle east do not respect women."

Did you also know that the pope is Catholic? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Sabertooth
"Men in the middle east do not respect women."

Did you also know that the pope is Catholic? :smile:

Are you trying to say that everyone already knows this?
Reply 11
Have you been or are you from the Middle East? I care not for what you see on your television.

oh and I'm sure he speaks for all of us men from the Middle East too, according to your ideology.

I've never been but I know people who have lived there, grew up there. Saudi Arabia to be specific. Women are treated like a second class of human over there. I've also known people from Israel as well, same story. Iran too. Shall I continue?
Why are my not surprised :biggrin:
I've never been but I know people who have lived there, grew up there. Saudi Arabia to be specific. Women are treated like a second class of human over there. I've also known people from Israel as well, same story. Iran too. Shall I continue?

I stopped reading as soon as you said Saudi. Don't ever use them as a benchmark for Arabs. Ever. Their ideology is backwards. Israel is the epitome of oppressive so don't bother there. As for Iran, well I group them with Israel and Saudi who are entirely backward and oppressive. Case Closed.
This can't be recent can it, what's an Islamist doing in London?
Reply 15
I stopped reading as soon as you said Saudi. Don't ever use them as a benchmark for Arabs. Ever. Their ideology is backwards. Israel is the epitome of oppressive so don't bother there. As for Iran, well I group them with Israel and Saudi who are entirely backward and oppressive. Case Closed.

Those are all large countries in the middle east, why should we just choose to ignore them? There are women suffering there as we speak!
Original post by Meyrin
You'll get a "Men's Day" when your gender has been beaten, raped, trodden on and treated as material commodities with no rights rather than actual people for thousands of years, and have only just begun receiving fair treatment in the last fify.

Women weren't conscripted into war to die for their country(millions of people died because they were simply men, who were disposable(research misandry)), women weren't expected to work in dangerous jobs like mining, where lots of men died due to the dangerous conditions.I'm not convinced gender inequality is as simple as is taught in school, from where I see it both men and women were subject to strict gender roles women were expected not to work, not to get education above learning how to cook and clean and look after the children, whilst although men were educated they were forced to work in dangerous jobs to provide for their family as they were disposable and forced to go to war, where as women weren't.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Dalek1099
Women weren't conscripted into war to die for their country(millions of people died because they were simply men, who were disposable(research misandry)), women weren't expected to work in dangerous jobs like mining, where lots of men died due to the dangerous conditions.I'm not convinced gender inequality is as simple as is taught in school, from where I see it both men and women were subject to strict gender roles women were expected not to work, not to get education above learning how to cook and clean and look after the children, whilst although men were educated they were forced to work in dangerous jobs to provide for their family as they were disposable and forced to go to war, where as women weren't.

Going to war for 2-3-10 years is not as bad as living your whole life under oppression It's better to be dead than live a miserable life.. And men were not "forced" to work in mines. The ones who did it chose to do it so that shouldn't be an argument.
Going to war for 2-3-10 years is not as bad as living your whole life under oppression. And men were not "forced" to work in mines. The ones who did it chose to do it so that shouldn't be an argument.

They had to to support their families, it was the expectation of men to provide for their families and work in the mines or factory.I love how you say it was just for 2-10 years when lots of men lost their lives young men who if they were women would have lived long lives.
we know this already OP...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending