The Student Room Group

How many hours do you sleep per night?

Poll

How many hours do you sleep per night?

I always thought that I slept for a normal number of hours per night as an A-Level student, but it seems as if all my friends sleep much earlier than me??

When do you usually go to bed and wake up? How many hours do you usually sleep per night? :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by strawberrysnow
I always thought that I slept for a normal number of hours per night as an A-Level student, but it seems as if all my friends sleep much earlier than me??

When do you usually go to bed and wake up? How many hours do you usually sleep per night? :tongue:

I had a target of everything off by midnight. Though, this usually turns into 2 or 3AM, most nights.
Then up 7AM pretty much every morning.

Yeah, I'm tired a lot as a result. Darn you, TSR for taking my sleep time, darn you!
It varies. I usually get up for around half 7 and go to bed between 11 and 12. Although as the exams are closer I'll end up staying up later. From research I've read it appears that adolescents are supposed to have around 9/10 hours of sleep a night, and I dont have that much. So, if anything, I'm lacking.
I try to get at least 7.5 hours. Which is about 3 sleep cycles for me. I can manage on less as long as it isn't consistent. I need t go to be ion bed longer though as it can take me a while to get myself to sleep. 8 hours of actual sleep plus 1hour lie in preferable though :tongue:

I have also noticed that if I go to bed after midnight no matter how late I get up I always feel noticeable tired. It's like any sleep I get after 9am doesn't count. My body clock must wake me up no matter how late I got to bed or something.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Changing Skies

You sensible person.
get like 6/7 hours sleep hopefully im going to change that too..... shiiiiiiiitttt I have hw **** sake TSR.
I get about 5 to 7 hours a night on weekdays and make up for it by having 11 hours Friday and Saturday, not very healthy!
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You sensible person.

I love my sleep and getting up late :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I could literally sleep for 16hrs! Sometimes my body just needs it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Anything between 0 and 14 hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This completely depends on whether I have commitments in the morning, like lectures, rugby match etc. Normally I am tired unless I get 8 hours of decent sleep, and normally have a deficit the next night. At the Uni house, I normally cant get to sleep till about 2, so anything before 10 is a struggle.
Go to sleep about 12am-1:30am to wake up at 6:30am

It's hard to believe it used to be worse than that. At least it's improving :smile:
Original post by AstroNandos
Go to sleep about 12am-1:30am to wake up at 6:30am

It's hard to believe it used to be worse than that. At least it's improving :smile:

That's the same as me (though I try to sleep before 1am)! And again, the same with sleeping even less when I was younger... I used to get by with about 4/5 hours of sleep! It was crazy.
I like to sleep about 12 hours: 10pm to 10am. It works well for me.

However for the past week I've had terrible dreams and real trouble sleeping so I'm getting 2-4ish and feel like **** because of it. :frown:
That's the same as me (though I try to sleep before 1am)! And again, the same with sleeping even less when I was younger... I used to get by with about 4/5 hours of sleep! It was crazy.

Yeah I'd get 4/5 hours sleep on average just a few months ago, and I did not feel human :biggrin:

But now I generally go to sleep before/at 1am and make up for lost sleep on the weekend :tongue:
Not more than three.
Reply 17

:lolwut:

How do you manage to get so much sleep?? Are you actually a student? When do you go to sleep and wake up? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol:

How do you manage to get so much sleep?? Are you actually a student? When do you go to sleep and wake up? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I am, I just have a lot of late starts in uni, Monday 13:00, Tuesday 15:00, in at 9:00 on Wednesday, then 13:00 on Thursday and 10:00 on Friday :tongue: obviously I have less sleep on the days I'm in earlier, but weekends I get a lot too :teehee:

When I don't have to be up, usually sleep at like 12:00/1:00 and get up at 10:00/11:00 :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest