Bangalore

Watch
standreams
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Any tips for Bangalore- where to go, what to see, where to eat? I'll be there for work so will only have evenings and maybe one day either side free. Have never been to India before so, while I appreciate it's probably not the most exciting or interesting Indian city, hopefully there should be some things I can enjoy there.
carlthetraveler
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bangalore is the capital city of Karnataka, officially called Bengaluru. It is located in the southern part of India and is considered the country's IT industry center. The city has been referred to as the "Garden City of India" and also the "Pensioner's Paradise", although the city has now become modern and the green lands have diminished due to urbanization.

The city of Bangalore is a melting pot of different Indian cultures. It is one of the most visited cities in India by tourists from all over the world.

The best time to visit Bangalore is during the summer season from April to June. Winters are also a good time to visit the city, during the months of October to February. The rest of the months are often rainy due to the monsoon rains.

Here are some of the best sights of Bangalore, India:

Vidhana Soudha - The Vidhana Soudha is considered the pride of Bangalore. It is a colossal building made of granite. The structure is a stunning centerpiece of the city. It houses the legislative chambers of the state government. The building is made in an Indian temple style.

Lal Bagh - The Lal Bagh is located in the centre of Bangalore. It is a beautiful garden that was built by Hyder Ali in 1760. The garden has a total area of 240 acres. It is one of the most popular botanical gardens in the country.

Cubbon Park - Another remarkable sight in Bangalore is the Cubbon Park. This is a 120-hectare wide park with trees and colorful flowers. This striking garden was built in 1864 and has been maintained since then. Fairy fountains and different varieties of plants have been added to the garden.

Bull Temple - The Bull Temple is a popular structure in India which carries a myth of the deity Nandi. The temple was built using the Dravidian architectural style.

Cauvery Handicrafts Emporium - This emporium is a must-see place for art lovers. One can find delicate handicraft items made of sandalwood, rosewood, bidriware, lacquerware and inlay in the Cauvery emporium. Apart from being a haven for art lovers, it is also a known paradise for shoppers.

Magadi - This is located in Ramanagaram District, about 29 miles from Bangalore. The place has a collection of old temples and forts.

These are the places you shouldn't miss when visiting Bangalore. India is a wonderful country, and Bangalore is one of its prides.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (592)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads