The Student Room Group

Suitable a levels for law and psycho?

I want a career in Law. Would these a levels be suitable? are these subjects to weak to face competion from people doing maths history..?

Im thinking of doing these a levels:

english
bio
geog

Thank You, all useful advice appreciated. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by anxiousbunny
Im thinking of doing these a levels: biology or as a fourth English lang/lit, psychology, religious studies and im not sure what to do for a fourth maybe sociology? I'm interested in going into law. Would these a levels be sufficient and respected enough to face competition as well? Please give advice and what you think of my A levels choice if i want to do a law degree. What fourth one should i do to? Im not so into doing History or English lit so apart from those? What other degrees do you think would be available with these a levels?

again thinking of doing

biology (or english lit/lang)
psychology
religious studies
sociology (or english lit/lang)

Thank You, all useful advice appreciated. :smile:

Erm teaching? Just concentrate on getting good GCSE's and decide at end of year12/start of year13 on what degree you want to do :smile:
If you want to do a Law degree, there are no particular subjects, but try to take subjects that are facilitating, and I'd say at least 2 essay subjects. So Literature, History and biology and religious studies would be suitable. The traditional, harder subjects will be more desirable because competition is fierce.

Out of those you propose, English Literature, Biology, psycology and Religious studies would be the best combination. However, I'd replace psychology for history to be honest. Though it isn't vital since you have two facilitating subjects, one of them a strong essay subject. And religious studies is a decent a level too.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest