Looking for Housemates to find a house with

Watch
Kieran-Hawker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm currently a first year studying Music Technologies at Sussex University, living in Halls.
I'm looking for people to hopefully get a house with next year, with easy access to a bus route at least for commuting.

I'm easy going and chilled out, play guitar and into rock music.
Jayparis1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I am thinking about doing Music Tech at sussex next year. Can I please ask how is the course? I was concerned as I come from more of a rock background then electronic. I am obviously very interested in music tech and the recording studio process work but wondered if this course leans more towards electronic music?

Thanks and good luck
Kieran-Hawker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, there are definitely modules that are focused more towards electronic but as a whole the course is quite balanced. I myself am more of a rock orientated person and love the course. There are two main modules (one each term) that allow you to express this, one being studio recording and the other music production. I will recommend choosing the extra modules carefully as they can vary a lot from what you may be interested in. Even in the more 'electronic' focused modules I'd say that it still gives you techniques and skills to use in the studio with a band.
Jayparis1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for your reply. I was mainly concerned the course would be so electronic- (DJ) based that I would feel out of place coming form a musician rock guitar/drums background. As you said the electronic modules are still relevant to bands so this advise is very helpful. You talk about choosing extra modules carefully, In your experience what have you any advise to what extra module is more suited for my musical background?

I am aware that this thread is about you finding housemates next year so sorry for the diversion.
Are you still looking?

Hope it goes well and thanks for your time and advise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (726)
33.81%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (920)
42.85%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (407)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (94)
4.38%

Watched Threads