The Student Room Group

Are there any useless teachers at your school.

For example i take computing and my computing teacher has not touched any of the theory in the past year at all so now we have to finish the A453 coursework (python programming) and theory in a matter of 8 weeks or less.
Original post by kaiwid23
There's this Chemistry teacher at my school who everyone hates to the point that they're signing petitions to get rid of her.

Also, Computing *high five*. The theory is a ton of horse****e anyway.

* high five back hehe * Im the only girl in a class of all boys do you do the OCR exam board ?
Reply 2
Original post by kaiwid23
Absolutely no girls in my Computing class. It's rather unfortunate the subject and subsequent industry is so male-dominated :/

I'm on AQA, but I still do Python.

When I was doing GCSE Computing there was not a single girl doing it in my year in the entire country.
I also have a Computing teacher at my institution who literally started programming 6 weeks before teaching, and is about as knowledgeable and useful as pre-peeled packaged bananas.
Original post by Pilate VII
I also have a Computing teacher at my institution who literally started programming 6 weeks before teaching, and is about as knowledgeable and useful as pre-peeled packaged bananas.

My teacher is just horrendous we have about 100+ pages of theory to cover and he doesnt even know how to approach the lates A453 python coursework :mad::mad:
Original post by lola-may
My teacher is just horrendous we have about 100+ pages of theory to cover and he doesnt even know how to approach the lates A453 python coursework :mad::mad:

Yeah, I know what you mean. My teacher's pretty good, only we've spent so much time on coursework there isn't a lot of theory time left. Computing Coursework is arguably one of the longest and most tedious coursework in GCSE's in my view. Still did and doing pretty well though, you?
Original post by Pilate VII
Yeah, I know what you mean. My teacher's pretty good, only we've spent so much time on coursework there isn't a lot of theory time left. Computing Coursework is arguably one of the longest and most tedious coursework in GCSE's in my view. Still did and doing pretty well though, you?

Well i got an A* in my app inventor coursework pythons a bit tedious but it going ok i guess.
Reply 7
Well i got an A* in my app inventor coursework pythons a bit tedious but it going ok i guess.

I'm doing my AppInventor coursework right now! (University booking system). We still have to do A453 and the grades for the coursework are submitted in May. However we are learning theory alongside the coursework.

Good thing is that last year, the computing exam was in May. This year it is in June.
One teacher tells us all to sit down and shut up whilst he plays world of Warcraft. When he dies he lets out a really awkward groan..
Had this really ****tard of an ICT teacher. :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My main science teacher is amazing, but all the new ones our school has hired recently have been terrible. Everyone else I have this year are really good though. :smile:
Original post by Marshall Taylor
One teacher tells us all to sit down and shut up whilst he plays world of Warcraft. When he dies he lets out a really awkward groan..

Are you serious?
My English (foreign language) teacher once said "much people goes" and she also pronounces chosen as "choosen" :frown:
Original post by pursuedbyabear
My main science teacher is amazing, but all the new ones our school has hired recently have been terrible. Everyone else I have this year are really good though. :smile:

It reminds me of a science teacher i had who couldnt even count.
Original post by Emma:-)
It reminds me of a science teacher i had who couldnt even count.

:eek:
We had to correct ours several times - not as bad as that, though!
It mostly seems to be Computer Science/ICT/Maths teachers that are usually most frequently ****, due to all of them being subjects that require intense study and genuine passion in order to deliver their content effectively...

...**** it, Khan Academy.
Original post by pursuedbyabear
:eek:
We had to correct ours several times - not as bad as that, though!

What actually happened was, whenever we had a test in class, she would mark them afterwards, but when it came to adding the marks up at the end, she always added up peoples marks wrong, and they ended up getting a lower ark than they should have done (never higher). It was only uncovered by accident, when someone just happened to add up their marks because they thought the marks they got where a bit on the low side.
With me once, there was only about 2 marks difference (unlike with some people) which normally you wouldnt be quite so bothered about, but it meant the difference between one level and the next level up. And it was quite a struggle to get her to change the marks so it was correct.
Me (and a few others) started to dread getting our marks back for exams.
For example i take computing and my computing teacher has not touched any of the theory in the past year at all so now we have to finish the A453 coursework (python programming) and theory in a matter of 8 weeks or less.

snap with computing
we've done no theory and I will no doubt, end up teaching myself

Quick Reply

Latest