Do all Medicine students pay only £4500 per year?

Watch
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
And is this the same for all Dentistry students as well? Do Medicine students of both types of course (5 year and 6 year) pay only £4500 per year? I'm just curious to know as I have a friend who told me this.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, they don't.
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Raymat)
And is this the same for all Dentistry students as well? Do Medicine students of both types of course (5 year and 6 year) pay only £4500 per year? I'm just curious to know as I have a friend who told me this.

No one pays £4500. The fees are £9000 a year.
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
(Original post by ForestCat)
No one pays £4500. The fees are £9000 a year.
I heard from somewhere due to funding from NHS their fees get cut down by half or is that only for certain individuals.
ForestCat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I heard from somewhere due to funding from NHS their fees get cut down by half or is that only for certain individuals.
Graduates on a graduate entry course get contribution to their fees, from the NHS, from year two onwards. Undergraduates get their fees paid by the NHS from 5th year onwards.
Spencer Wells
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Graduates on a graduate entry course get contribution to their fees, from the NHS, from year two onwards. Undergraduates get their fees paid by the NHS from 5th year onwards.
But only £3000 of the £9000 total, you still have to stump up the other £6000 (or take out loans)
ForestCat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Spencer Wells)
But only £3000 of the £9000 total, you still have to stump up the other £6000 (or take out loans)
Indeed. We still get student loads for the remainder, unlike the poor grads on the 5 year courses.
Zorg
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Indeed. We still get student loads for the remainder, unlike the poor grads on the 5 year courses.
I see what you did there :teehee:
Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No I pay nothing because the Scottish government pays for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
navarre
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wish! Nope, £9000 for medics, unlike the nurses or paramedics who get their courses free.

The NHS does pay for your 5th year, and £9000 is still a small fraction of what it costs to train a doctor a year.
Ronove
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Asklepios)
And I pay nothing because there are no tuition fees here. Jammy **** number 2 checking in.
Zorg
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Smug Scottish ****s. At moments like these I like to reflect on the American system and the private medical schools that have commenced here. Ah that's better
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
(Original post by Asklepios)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait a second? Medicine at Scottish universities is free of charge?! No tuition fees?!
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ronove)
And I pay nothing because there are no tuition fees here. Jammy **** number 2 checking in.
What country are you from and is Medicine in your country free of charge so no tuition fees?
Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wait a second? Medicine at Scottish universities is free of charge?! No tuition fees?!
All undergraduate courses are free in Scotland.*

*NB: This only to residents of Scotland and EU countries other than the UK, people in the rest of UK have to pay whatever they would pay in their own state.
Ronove
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What country are you from and is Medicine in your country free of charge so no tuition fees?
The UK and no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads